Story Teller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story Teller

Story Teller was a collection of partwork magazines published by Marshall Cavendish. Each magazine came complete with a cassette tape featuring narration of all the stories included in each issue. There were 26 magazines in each collection.The magazines and cassettes came with their own binders and hard plastic carry case, so it was possible to keep them all together.Story Teller was originally released in 1982 and went on sale fortnightly. It featured around 7 stories each month and the original included many popular fairytales. The second series of the collection 'Story Teller 2' featured a lot more original stories. The tapes featured narration from many popular actors and actresses of the time including Sheila Hancock, Derek Jacobi and Richard Briers.They were great for those who could read, but wanted to improve on their skill, with a distinctive 'ping' sound on the tape everytime you needed to turn the page if you lost track of where you were.All the stories were adorned with luscious, colourful illustrations, with a different artist illustration each individual story.After the release of Story Teller a collection specifically for younger readers was also published - 'Little Story Teller'.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Story Teller

Oh happy memories. I can remember these. I had a big blue box that they fitted in. I could spend hours with a now very old fashioned tape recorder, waiting for the 'ping'.
    If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Working...
    X