Pussycat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pussycat

A great Dutch sound of the 1970s and 80s: from a trio of sisters , headed by Toni Wille. Pussycat's sound was a distinctive rock/country/ harmony which made the trio European superstars. Pussycat made little impact in the UK other than their well-known Number 1 Chart Hit : "Mississippi" in 1974. But they were very big stars in continental Europe. Toni finally turned into a solo performer and the group ended. But their records still sell in vast numbers ; and a 3 -set DVD a couple of years ago is a huge success. Prolific recording artists, most of Pussycat's material is available ( now on CD and DVD) from the usual sources. I was lucky enough to see the group perform in a bar, just an impromptu gathering for some friends of theirs; and I met Toni, Betty and Marianne.Nice ladies, nice sound, nice memories. Try their song " My Broken Souvenirs".

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Pussycat

I was watching an old TOTP edition from 1976 the other day when I heard Pussycat's Mississippi for the very first time. Pussycat knocked ABBA's Dancing Queen off the no.1 spot with this great song.

Comment

My father brought back their 'Souvenir' album from Holland and I loved almost every track on that album! Still have it and later got the first three on CDs. We already had heard Mississippi and bought the single. They had a lot of great songs, sort of along the lines of the later California based Fleetwood Mac more than Abba I thought. The three sisters were originally from Poland, and sister Toni Wille went on to do some solo releases in the '80s; a great voice!
      My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

loved that song mississippi from 1976

Comment

Working...
        X