Barrel Of Monkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrel Of Monkeys

An ultra-simple classic game involving about 50 plastic monkeys and a barrel. The little plastic monkeys had long curved arms so tht they would link together at the elbows to make a chain.I think the idea of the game was actually something to do with linking 12 of them together without them falling apart.But hey who cares! If you've got a Barrel of Monkeys you can play what you like with them!

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Barrel Of Monkeys

These feature in Toy Story! The toys link them together and hang them out the window to to try and Rescue Woodey.
    sigpic

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people

Comment

This reminded me of when I was a child and being told I was more trouble than a barrel full of monkies (or a barrow load sometimes !!)

Wonder which came first - the saying or the game !!
      Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
      <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

I think with most of these sayings the games came later. BTW I bought my daughter a set a while back and only got 12 monkeys in total. Is it true that it used to come with a lot more than that or is it just wishful thinking?
        "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Yep ! That's what I thought
          According to this picture advertising the game Steve, it looks like there are only about a dozen ! Seems the aim of the game is to connect 12, so I suppose you are expected to join up the lot !!

Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
          <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Working...
          X