Captain Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Power

The only memory of Captain Power I have was of this weird part-gun part-spaceship thing that my dad had and a video tape that went with it. It was sort of a video game, you put batteries in the spaceship thing and played the tape, which had an intro of a mission briefing and then went through this long animation of spaceships firing at you around this futuristic city base thing.I can't remember if it was computer animated, traditionally animated, stop motion with minatures or what. I do remember that I watched the video a lot and that we never could get the controller thing to work. When it did work you were supposed to aim the spaceship at the part of the TV screen that had the enemy ships and press a button. I think it worked on the same principle as the Duck Hunt game for Nintendo consoles.The ships flashed white every few seconds, and I'm guessing that while you where holding down the trigger, the white light was detected by the electric eye on the ship and recorded hits, misses, and damage and I think it displayed the scores on the ship. I think the overall objective of the tape was to fly your ship into a base and destroy some sort of reactor, ala Star Wars. We also had a similar tape that took place underwater and you had giant lobsters fighting you!

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk
Working...
X