ZX Spectrum games - again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX Spectrum games - again

I recall a horse racing game I used to play on my old ZX 0 but cannot remember th etitle. The graphics were very basic, but I really really enjoyed it. Does anybody remember that one, and/or know if it still exists?
    Inge

try this site mate and you can get any spectrum game on your pc http://www.zxspectrum.co.uk/list.php
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Sport of Kings was an excellent horse racing game on the Speccy.

Plus, if you plugged your Currah Microspeech unit in, you got a commentatry too, albeit in a Stephen Hawkins type voice....

Comment

we (the shaw brothers) had a few games published on the spectrum... check out our "Spectrum" section on our website here:

www.sickhappyidle.com

Comment

yeah i used to play Sport of Kings ...night after night lol. Grand National i had a good few hours on too

Comment

Anyone remeber a game called Fred? (I think it was a Spectrum game). You played this explorer and you had to make your way up this pyramid avoiding ghosts and rats and mummys n stuff till you got to the trap door at the top. I loved that game.
            Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Hi Spiral...

'Fred' is one of my favourite Games of all time!!! I play Emulators often, everything from the Mame for old Arcade games to the Atari VCS and the Amstrad and BBC and all in between and I often play the Spectrum Emulator for a game of Fred and Atic Atack..still fun...Some great Retro gaming Sites with the Emulators and roms out there on the Net if you do a search..

all the best....

Rab ;0)

Comment

Yep, the Amstrad version of that game was 'Roland In The Caverns' - a complete rip-off of the Fred game. Great fun.
                Cheers

Armchair

Comment

I recall playing some game called ' The Crypt' or something like it. You had to work your way through the various levels/rooms avoiding vampires, ghosts etc and colect stakes as you go on your merry way. But you had to make sure you had a pile of stakes left to kill the big bad vampire at the end and learn the secret of the Crypt.
                  After many hours of working through this you are ready to learn the Secret of the crypt..... want to know what the secret was?....
                  well I f I told you it wouldnt be a secret anymore would it!
                  Btw this game was devised by a ten year old!!!
                  sigpic
                  Mrs Oggy
                  ~~~*~~~*~~~
                  Count your friends amongst the stars....
                  And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Sport of Kings was superb...always wondered if you could ever get the commentry

Comment

There was also an older version of Sport of Kings called Derby Day
                      "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Re: ZX Spectrum games - again

I was a space invaders addict me and my sister would play it for ages to try and beat each others scores.My dad used to go nuts at us and say we would break the spectrum by pressing the space bar to hard.We had the first spectrum 48k with the hard plastic keyboard and seperate tape deck.
                        I also was a fan of Hypersports which was another game our parents would shout at us for keyboard bashing.lol

Comment

Originally posted by shaun View Post
                          I also was a fan of Hypersports which was another game our parents would shout at us for keyboard bashing.lol
                          I loved Hypersports but the Weightlifting was a shocker ! Also Combat School (i think that's what it was) where you did the assault course.

Comment

Other favourites were Star Quake, Spy Hunter, Saboteur, Wriggler, Test Match Cricket, Football Manager, Highway Encounter, Match Point, 3 Weeks In Paradise, Turbo Esprit, Turmoil, Monty On The Run, Chuckie Egg 2, Chequered Flag, and the Grandfather of them all..........(minute silence)...........Manic Miner!

Comment

Yeah i loved spy hunter too.Especially when you got to go in the boats..lol

Comment

Working...
                              X