Computacar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computacar

I think it was called Computer Car, from the very early 70's. It was a red hard top car. Battery operated. You fed a strip of card into the back. The card had notches cut into it, depending on the notches the card steered left or right , went forward or backward. You had precut card and some to design yourself.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Computacar

It was Computacar made by Mettoy.

Heather

Comment

I've still got mine which is like the white version in the photo. You actually put the card in at the front. There were other styles as well, the red one you mention and I think there may have been a blue one. Great fun! Unfortunately, I left the batteries in one time and the acid leaked causing one of the battery contacts to corrode and snap off. I keep meaning to repair it.

Comment

Just when you think you've remembered all the toys from your childhood, along comes another! I certainly owned one of these and had many hours of fun with it. Lovely memory!

Comment

Wow! My brother had one of these. Completely forgot it.
          It was pretty impressive back then.
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I had the red car,it was brilliant and gave me hours of fun

Comment

I still have mine too, it was originally red, but being a fan of painting my matchbox cars, this one succombed to the paintbrush... not sure if it still works -

Comment

Working...
              X