Chinese Jump Rope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Jump Rope

I still have my Chinese Jump Rope that I had from my childhood. It is green and white and they usually came in 2 blended or woven colors.Think of the Chinese Jump Rope as a really large rubber band. One person would stand with the band around their ankles and the other person would stand about 3 feet away with the band around their ankles. Then, of course, you had a person in the middle jumping, just like with a traditional jump rope.If memory serves me correctly, you would criss cross your ankles in the Chinese Jump Rope until you almost tripped.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Chinese Jump Rope

That was one of my sister's favourite pastimes. She'd often force me to play which I didn't like but I was surprisingly good at it. One of the rhymes were: England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales. Inside, outside, inside, on.

Comment

Soudns flippin' dangerous to me lol
      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

children play this game at school where i work............even have a go myself although i cant jump like i could back in the 70's

Comment

I played this but we called it French Skippies and we made the band by knotting together a bag of multicoloured elastic bands. We also sang the England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales song.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
          X