Weird Roger Daltrey series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Roger Daltrey series

I'm trying to find anyone who remembers a weird Roger Daltrey TV series, just to confirm to myself that I didnt just dream it up!

It was late 80's, probably ITV saturday teatime. Roger Daltrey was in it, and he worked for some kind of shadowy organisation. Roger wore a pinstripe suit and bowler hat, and he had a black sidekick who wore cowskin flares. The whole tone of the show was weird, avengers-lite. Ive tried asking friends, SFX magazine, Roger Daltrey fansites and even ITV itself, but no one else on earth seems to have any knowledge of this show!

I found out from the Internet Movie Database that Roger Daltrey made a TV series in 1988 called "How to be cool", but I don't know anything else or if that is the right show.

Comment

He does done a few guest spots too.
      He appeared in some episodes of "Highlander" and "Rude Awakening", and one off guests in shows such as "Slider".
      Old enough to know better...

Comment

Oh man I don't believe it! I've been trying to remember the name of this show for years!
        In fact that's why I started looking through this forum!
        You are correct in that it was Saturday evening about teatime.
        I remember it was a little like a serialised kids version of 'A Clockwork Orange'.
        And wasn't there something called 'The Fashion Police'?.....
        Please please someone help.

Gaz

Comment

Another memory of this show.
          Don't ask how I remember this (!!!) but one of the young actors was called Russell Lee.

Gaz.

Comment

How to be cool

I remember that show, i have been trawling the net to find it but the only reference i have found is here, i watched it when i was a kid.

Apart from daltery the main charactor was vas blackwood (cant remember his charactor name) he was in lock stock and two smoking barrales and a Childrens ITV show called spatz.

My memory of it is sketchy, it was a very bizzare series and the premise was that daultery invented the sixtys scene and was planning to create the ninetys with the help of a scientist who had develped some kind of potion or machine that turned who every took it into the coolset person in the universe it was very strange but i was eight years old at the time so i loved it.

There was a bunch of cool kids who had a device called a cool omitor that could measure coolness (The writers must have been on drugs)

I seem to remeber something about the sceintist growing a giant pea. It ended with vas blackwoods charactors slob sister absorbing the power andbeing turned into the coolest person and daulery being killed.

Does anybody else remeber anythiong about it

Comment

Re: Weird Roger Daltrey series

How To Be Cool turns out to be based on a Phillip Pullman novel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Be_Cool

Comment

Did Daultrey's character have a pencil thin moustache in the show???

Comment

I wonder if you are thinking about Big Breadwinner?
                  The main character Hog is a young ruthless London gangster called Hogarth played by Peter Egan.
                  Regards

Captain Mick

sigpic

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnctbSOuO8k

here is a clip, sorry it also features Gary Glitter!

I think about this show way too much , I was 11 or 12 when I saw it and it stayed with me!!

Comment

Working...
                    X