I Didn't Know You Cared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Didn't Know You Cared

I Didn't Know You Cared was a sitcom set in Yorkshire. It featured very dour northern humour and starred Liz Smith and Robin Bailey as Uncle Mort.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: I Didn't Know You Cared

I remember this, and have the DVD's.

Very funny and quite dark humour at times.

I like the slightly mad and maybe shell shocked Uncle Staveley charcater best.

"I heard that. Pardon?"

Comment

Really good series with some dark and cynical humour. The novels upon which the series was based are even darker. I had such a crush on Pat--Carter's wife--at the time. "Ay...well...mmmm" was Carter's catchphrase. Uncle Stavely used to keep the ashes of his oppo Corporal Parkinson in a box he would perpetually carry about with him. Linda Preston was the busty girl always trying to get Carter to stray from Pat. If you like the series I highly recommend the novels by Peter Tinniswood.

Comment

I remember Peter Tinniswood making a series about his younger years, with the cast of I Didn't Know You Cared featuring.

Quite surreal of you hadn't seen the original programme.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          I remember Peter Tinniswood making a series about his younger years, with the cast of I Didn't Know You Cared featuring.

Quite surreal of you hadn't seen the original programme.

Didn't know that.

When Linda Preston used to hand it on a plate to Carter and he would invariably and bumblingly turn her down, she would gaze sadly after him and say "Carter, you chump." John Cumer, who played Les, also played the cafe owner in Last of the Summer Wine.

Comment

Working...
          X