Brown Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Sauce

I remember the cast of Multi-Coloured Swap Shop released a single in the late 70s. The Band was called Brown Sauce and the song was called 'I Wanna Be A Winner'. The lyrics went like thison't wanna dance like Fred Astaire,Be like a Superman through the air;Don't wanna join Claire Francis in the riggings,Pot the black with Hurricane Higgins.Don't wanna ride like Willie Carson,Be a Bishop or an important Parson;Don't wanna hit Geoff Boycott for four,Knock Mohammed Ali on the floor.I just wanna be a winnerJust a little Oscar please,I just wanna be a winneror a box of CBEs,I just wanna be a winnerI wouldn't mind if it was Nobel,I just wanna be a winnerEven Eric would serve me well.See one, feel one, touch one,See one, feel one, touch one,See one, feel one, win an award.Who'd want to rule like President Reagan,Or kick a ball like Kevin Keegan.Don't wanna sit Barbra Woodhouse does that.I'd like to see her try it with the Blue Peter cat.Penny Keith don't need me at the Manor,I've no desire to marry Diana;Don't even want to paint like Van Gogh,Go nationwide with Frank Bough.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk
Working...
X