Oodles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oodles

Anyone remember these sweets from the mid 70s?
    They were basically tiny gobstoppers in different colours but they weren't fruity or minty flavoured. They came in a little transparent cellophane pack and cost 3p at the time. I think there were two different versions, I can't remember what the other ones were but they were all one colour.
    I loved the multicoloured ones!

Re: Oodles

Yep, I used to buy them. I can also seem to recall a early "Pot Noodle" type thing called Oodles too. Never found anything about them, but they did exist, I had some when they came out (between 1975-77)

Comment

I seem to remember prawn cocktail flavoured crisps called Oodles too. They were square-shaped rings and were corn crisps I think. Mmm they were nice

Comment

Are you not thinking of Odduns?
        Last edited by HG; 27-08-2010, 13:32. Reason: removing photoshop link

Comment

Oh yes! Probably! Cheers for that Daz Just glad I wasn't imagining 'em...!

Comment

I do remember those oodles miniature gob stoppers. Werent they actually tiny aniseed balls?

I found this thread whilst looking for Oodles. They were sweets from the early 70's and weren't around for long. They were tiny pieces of dried apple coated in chocolate. The packaging was a flat, apple shaped paper packet. I absolutely loved them. The advert used to say "oodles of stroodles". Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I bet they'd do well nowadays.

Comment

I remember those miniature gobstoppers, I didn't know they were called Oodles though.

Yes I remember those "Oodles of stroodles" adverts. Were they apple?
              "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Working...
              X