Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Was The Tv Series That......

had the theme song "i need a hero"

I remember it was a typical american 80's series which had the good guy beating the bad guy....but thats about it.

Anyone care to fill me in????
    Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

I think it was actually called "Hero".

I used to love it, wasnt the main guy some kind of spy/agent who went on missions? There was a change of lead actor during the run, as I believe the original actor was showing off on set with a blank gun, put it to his head and pulled the trigger-even with blank rounds something is ejected from the gun, and he was killed. One or other of the actors was Australian, and his name popped up as a potential James Bond at one point

Comment

The 1984 American show "Cover Up" had that theme tune I seem to recall. Have a seach and see if that is the programme you remember.
      Old enough to know better...

Comment

cheers guys! i think it was cover up as it rings a bell. i will look later.

Comment

This is off IMD

"Almost twenty years ago there was a show that featured an American modelling agency doing a spot, hence involved Bonny Tyler singing the theme song - Holding out for a hero - however, the modelling agency was a front for a CIA organisation. It was called Cover-Up, a tremendously enjoyable CBS action escapade series about a couple of "striking adventurers" posing as a model plus a photographer on location of their assigned missions, and the "main hero" was Jon-Erik Hexum (character's name Mac Harper) who unfortunately died in 1984. The show nevertheless continued with somewhat different Anthony Hamilton taking his place, but lasted about a year. Regardless of its cancellation, Cover-Up was one of the greatest and most stylish espionage shows from the early 1980's, and surely knocked off similar tv projects."

I had totally fogotten about the model agency angle!

Comment

ahhh... the memories come flooding back.

Comment

Working...
            X