Iron Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Man

Ok, so it's not old but I just got back from this and wanted to say that it was great. It's totally RDJr's film (except for Stan Lee doing Hugh Hefner!) and the action rocks! My favourite superhero movie yet!

Re: Iron Man

Not old?? he's from 1963!

looking forward to this myself, unlike the new Hulk which looks abysmal
    Good to see RDjr back
    Last edited by sixtyten; 01-05-2008, 23:10.

Comment

Have they left the Samuel L jackson scene in or has it been cut like in the U.S?

Comment

Alas I was dragged out before the end credits ran their course but I hear it's in.

And yes, Daz, the Hulk trailer was on before IM (a longer one I hadn't seen) and it still looks rubbish. Hulk just looks so CG. I hate to say it but the Indiana Jones trailer didn't do much for me either.
        Last edited by Wil; 02-05-2008, 10:31.

Comment

Was it any good Wil?
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
            Was it any good Wil?
            I really, really enjoyed it. It had just the right balance of action, drama and humour. RDJr is fantastic as Tony Stark and he really holds the whole thing together. Good supporting cast, too although Jeff Bridges' bizarre bald head/massive beard is a bit freaky.

Definitely one for the little boy in all of us. You could almost sense all the blokes wanting to suit up in the armour!

Comment

Excellent, not sure about the little boy inside me, but hey I'll be going anyway
              Heather

Comment

Not seen a negative opinion of this yet. Everyone thats seen it (public, forget the critics) has raved about it..think I'll actually see this one at the cinema

are tickets still 2/6'??

Comment

Scratch that
                  I just downloaded it

Nice, even from the awful handheld camera version I saw.. could have done with a tiny bit more action, but its cool and Downey is great
                  Last edited by Heather74; 03-05-2008, 11:47.

Comment

Tut, tut. Like all these sort of flicks, Daz, better seen on the big screen. Alas, there was no second feature, girls standing down the front with trays of ice cream and Ki-Ora and we didn't even get any local ads (just minutes from this theatre!). But it was still a cool flick.

Come to think of it, with comic sales in the state they are, you'd think Marvel (or Panini in the UK) would have had a promo for the latest Iron Man title, or even a general 'look you can still get Marvel comics' type-thing.

Comment

Hope to see it over the week end. With Batman def one of my fav super heroes
                      The eyes have it!
                      sigpic

Comment

Gonna hopefully go see this next week and have it on good authority to stay in my seat till after the credits have finished.

Comment

Finally saw Iron Man last nite and a very good film it is too. Downey Jr was born to play Tony Stark....very good CGI on the suit
                          The eyes have it!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X