Are there any members in Cornwall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any members in Cornwall?

I ask this because as I may have mentioned in previous Posts I am moving house, My parents are moving Down to cornwall and for 3 months I'm going on loan to another store in my chain to help them open there new branch which is 10 minutes away from where the parents are moving in cornwall, so just thought i'd ask whats its like down there etc.

Re: Are there any members in Cornwall?

I don't live in Cornwall but I do live in Devon.
    I used to visit Cornwall alot when I was a young lad and have since quite often holiday'ed down there.
    It is a nice place depending where you go down there. It has it's quiet areas depending on how far away you are from the major road network.
    Looe is a nice area so is Falmouth.
    Newquay is nice especially if you like surfing.
    Bodmin is a nice town. Penzance is quite good.
    Land's end seem to be over rated to me.
    Bude is nice if you like shopping and like beaches.
    Hope this might help Themaskofangel?
    let me know if I can help

Comment

Any info helps Barry I have an Auntie who has lived down there for 25 years and she tells me good things however I read a few forums and not all of it fits what she has told me lol

The place is scorrier, I think I spelt that right.

Comment

you have spelt it right.
        I have not been there but have driven through there.
        its a short drive from redruth which is a nice place to visit and would be the next biggest town after Scorrier. not far either from the coast.

Comment

I think a lot of my concerns barry would be how the people will take to me down there.

I have a million and one questions to be honest but I'll try not to ask that many.

Comment

Originally posted by themaskofangel View Post
            I think a lot of my concerns barry would be how the people will take to me down there.
            Hey buddy, I moved to Australia, wouldn't worry about Cornwall, unless of course you've got 2 heads or something!
            "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

I really would not worry on that score. I moved from Plymouth to North Devon when I was 10 and even now some people consider me an outsider,even after 30 years!!!!!!!!!
              At the end of the day if people don't like you it's their tough luck.

Comment

Hope everthing was ok, wherever you go there will always be a few "locals" that dont take to emets moving into their village, just remind them that we are free to go wherever we want and they could infact focus their unwelcome ramblings at the channel tunnel at some of the unsavory characters coming over here through the wrong channels, anyway welcome to cornwall
                "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

We like Widemouth for surfing//body boarding.
                  One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Working...
                  X