Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Intro

Hi all,
    I'm Oggie from Leicestershire. I was a youngster through the best decade ever......The '70's
    Looking forward to sharing memories with you all.
    Oggie.

Re: Quick Intro

Hello Oggie, welcome to DYR.
    Last edited by sixtyten; 05-05-2008, 15:43.
    Heather

Comment

Hiya Oggie !! Welcome to DYR - hope you enjoy it as much as I do
      Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
      <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Hi Oggie (not to be confused with Oggy), welcome to DYR, hope you enjoy having a look around and contributing wherever possible.
        "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome It's a real buzz to see something that you thought you had forgotten about and then the joy as all the old memories are triggered.
          Oggie.

Comment

Hi to a fellow Leicestershire resident.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
            But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that Morcar.I'm in Melton Mowbray and its really hot today.
              Its bringing back memories of the summer of '76..standpipes in the street and rivers drying up!
              Oggie.
              Last edited by Oggie; 08-05-2008, 19:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Oggie View Post
                Thanks for that Morcar.I'm in Melton Mowbray and its really hot today.
                Its bringing back memories of the summer of '76..standpipes in the street and rivers drying up!
                Oggie.
                Ohh I remember that summer.

Do you remember the year that we were covered in ladybirds? Not sure if that was the same year or not. I remeber seeing the poor things frying inside the button boxes for pedestrian crossings (no idea how they got in there though)
                Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morcar View Post
                  Ohh I remember that summer.

Do you remember the year that we were covered in ladybirds? Not sure if that was the same year or not. I remeber seeing the poor things frying inside the button boxes for pedestrian crossings (no idea how they got in there though)

I do remember that Morcar.I think it was '76 or '77. I remember being on holiday at Skeggy and the air was full of them like some strange Biblical plague!!
                  Oggie.

Comment

Here is me pursuing another passion of mine...English Medieval history..
                    I'm at the memorial to the Battle of East Stoke near Newark where in 1487 the last battle of the Wars of the Roses was fought..

Here I'm instructing at the Medieval Boot Camp last month,teaching Living History enthusiasts how to make fire the Medieval way with a traditional Flint & Steel..

Here I'm enjoying myself with a flintlock pistol...still a big kid at heart...

Oggie.

Comment

Working...
                    X