Rick Astley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Astley

Contain yourselves Rick has a new Album out!!! The Ultimate Collection... Hope I look that good at 42

Will I be buying it?? damn right

Come on guys you must admit it wouldn't have been the 80's without him
    Last edited by Heather74; 11-05-2008, 23:11.
    Heather

Re: Rick Astley

Someone's a bit excited Not one for my record collection, enjoy it Heather though
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Oh how you disappoint me, I was expecting a serious bit of chain pulling from this thread!!
      Last edited by Heather74; 12-05-2008, 21:13.
      Heather

Comment

Lol I'm tired, thought i'd be polite for once
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Can't say i'll be beating the record shop door down but i suppose he did have a good voice. As for the photo, well are you sure that's not just one from his collection? He doesn't look any different from the eighties, unless he's been in cold storage or something.

Comment

That one could well be, here's a recent one, still makes me go weak at the knees lol
            Heather

Comment

Does anyone remember the rumours of him and Kylie? If you slow an early Kyile song down it supposedly sounds like him.

Comment

Rick Astley is a fantastic singer

80/90/whenever..I beg you to find a better homegrown UK singer

No..Seriously

Comment

Ohhhhhh, Rick Astley is still as gorgeous as ever, and that deep voice .......ooohhhh still makes me go all funny when I hear it.
                  Have to say I hate 80's music. Bring back the good old 70's anyday

Ok, ok, I KNOW the music was really cheesy, and Alvin Stardust looked ridiculous with his black glove on.....and I know we all looked like we were having some sort of fit when dancing to Tiger Feet by Mud and Showaddywaddy is the most ridiculous name for a band BUT............I loved every single minute of it
                  No one felt more special than me when I got my 'granny just died' tartan trousers and tied that scarf round my wrist so I could go the school disco as a genuine Bay City Rollers fan and could wave that scarf in the air to 'Bye Bye Baby' ........oh happy happy days

Comment

Vote Rick In the best ever category

Vote :: Vote Now :: MTV Europe Music Awards 2008 :: 06.11.08 :: Liverpool, UK
                    Heather

Comment

I always heard rick just quit singing.
                      Fame was too much for him.

And he had a great voice.

That songs lyrics will always be in my head.

Never gonna give you up.

Behave heather.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                        I always heard rick just quit singing.
                        Fame was too much for him.

And he had a great voice.

That songs lyrics will always be in my head.

Never gonna give you up.

Behave heather.
                        Rick Astley has made a bit of a comeback of recent years with some new albums

he is in Hyde park this September with radio 2 - though strangely its at proms in the park ???

His early music reminds me of when I first met my wife as he was at his most popular around this time

Great voice and even I can appreciate his boyish good looks (man crush)

Though you are right Darren he just upped and walked away at the height of his fame and Im not sure he has ever fully revealed why
                        Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Can't believe its 8 years since I started this thread and a massive coincidence I bought his new album 50 this morning. I was very shocked but over the moon to hear it made No1 in the UK album chart.

Rick has often stated the reason he retired was due to it all getting to much to the point he could not physically get on aeroplane to tour any more. He decided to concentrate on family life. Now his daughter is all grown up and be feels he has nothing to fear and feels no pressure as these days he writes and produces all his own stuff.
                          Heather

Comment

I did hear Rick was under a lot pressure from Stock - Aitkin - Waterman to perform & tour almost non-stop & after 2-3 years it was too much for him.

SAW did have ex-Yell! singer Paul Varney in the wings as a "new Rick Astley" but the music scene had changed too much by the early 1990s & he never caught on with the record buying public.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

He was the guest on Saturday Kitchen recently!
                              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                              X