Need help with Get Along Gang toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Get Along Gang toys

Hi everyone, new here and needing some major help from the UK fans out there. Recently I've realized my Get Along Gang PVC collection is not complete with the 12 I have that were released over here in the US. I've heard rumors before that there were others released over in the UK like Leland Lizard and Catchum Crocodile, but have never seen any substantial proof to their existence. Well I have now seen that there are at least two more PVCs from the line. Hocus Hare and Pocus Possum.

Anyway is there anyone in the UK (or possibly other countries, I have no clue where else they may have been released) that can give me some information on these 2 PVCs and possibly any others that were released elsewhere in the world? Just so you know I am not looking for the posable ones, just the 2 inch PVCs. Also anyone with pics of them, or even someone who would trade or sell them please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by RapidRoy; 29-07-2005, 08:49.

here is one i found for you. I use to love get-along-gang and had some of the plush when i was a kid...unfortunately, I am not an expert on them. So, it's my understanding that you are ONLY looking for Leland Lizard and Catchum Crocodile?? I also found the squirrel, fox and bear for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-GET-ALONG-GA...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by childofthe80's; 29-07-2005, 14:42.
    I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Hi, and thanks so much for the reply. I did see that auction and the other one they have (where I actually found out about those 2) with Hocus Hare. I'm just covering all my bases since I doubt I will win, plus I collect both MOC and loose toys, so I'll need two of each.

As for what I am looking for though, Leland Lizard and Catchum Crocodile I don't even know if they were made at all. Only have heard rumors of it, but if they were made and someone does know that (I do know they weren't released over here in the US, if they are out there) please let me know any information you may have.

As for Hocus Hare and Pocus Possum, I now know those two do exist out there somewhere (looks like only the UK). I have been a Get Along Gang fan since I was I guess 4.

I have all the following PVCs already: Bingo "Bet it All" Beaver, Dottie Dog, Montgomery "Good News" Moose, Woolma Lamb, Zipper Cat, Lolly Squirrel, Bernice Bear, Flora "Forget me Not" Fox, Portia Porcupine, Rocco Rabbit, Braker Turtle and Rudyard Lion. I already have all these loose as well as the Caboose. So any other Get Along Gang PVCs that anyone out there knows of, please help.

I've tried searching everywhere for this info, even looked only in UK pages (how I found this site) but still found nothing. There isn't too much Get Along Gang info or pages out there as is, but with these there is no sign anywhere, except ebay. If anyone can't help me I can always try the American Greetings Company, but I do know they won't be able to trade or sell them to me, so I want to try here first.

Comment

here ya go rapid...they do make the leland lizard, catchum crocodile...i got this from a girl off another website i go to. She said that she found them on ebay. And she said that she really had to keep looking for them. Hope this helps and good luck to you!

Comment

Thank you so much. Wow they actually do exist. I lost that auction for the Hocus Hare so more than likely will miss Pocus Possum (the Hocus Hare ended up going for almost 50$, too rich for my blood). So I am on the lookout to anyone out there who may want to get rid of any of them for trade or sale, or can find them anywhere.

Thanks so much Childofthe80s for the pics, I wish you were trading them off. That's a really big help. I'll be able to save that picture to use a reference too. Thanks so much again and any other info anyone has please help. I'm now 4 PVCs away from a complete GAG PVC collection.

Comment

anytime! Yeah, the girl who actually gave me the pic to post has an awesome collection of GAG and she said that she wouldn't sell them for anything, due to the amount of work and money she use to get them. I am glad I could help.

Comment

i got this from a girl off another website i go to. She said that she found them on ebay.
              This is rumour control, here are the facts.

I am not now and have never been a girl, although things may have changed since one last had a look...

Most of the above were not found on eBay but that's the best place to look at present. Charity shops and fleamarkets may also yield results but it can be quite exausting and expensive to look for them this way for any length of time. (The items themselves may cost pennies but travel costs can soon mount up.)

For more pics of my collection go here, and here.

For news and info about the Gang's future , watch this space...

G.A.G. fansites do not abound on the web, unlike those devoted to Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake, and most of those that exist have not been updated in quite a while, but they're still worth a look...

http://www.geocities.com/zipkitten82/

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/getalonggang/

http://www.clubhousecaboose.com/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GetAlongGangClubhouse/
              Last edited by ZipperCat; 26-09-2005, 15:32.
              Please don't tell anybody
              that we're the real Duran Duran!
              We're just happy pretending
              to be our own greatest fans...

( Mitch Benn)

Comment

Hi RapidRoy,
                I sell 80's (mainly toys) on eBay and have just listed some Get Along Gang stuff. Amoung them is a lot of figures. I used this forum (and your info) to help me name the ones I wasn't sure about. Amoung them it seems is a Leland Lizard and a Hocus Hare which I had dismissed (along with others) as being a fake!
                Thanks for your posting, she'd have gone in the bin otherwise as there's not much info on the lesser known characters online at all.
                Don't want you to think I am touting for business but let me know if I've made any huge errors?

HTML Code:
                http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5994151258&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Have no idea if this link will work...........

Comment

Well I wish it was at a BIN for my sake, heh. As for errors, no I can't see any. Only thing is I don't know if Hocus or Leland were released anywhere else besides the UK. All I do know is the UK did get them and the US didn't. I have no clue yet whether any other countries happened to be lucky enough to get them. The names are correct except for it being Rudyard Lion and not Rodyard, but that could be a simple typo obviously. There are some surnames like Bingo "bet-it-all" Beaver and Flora "Forget me Not" Fox. But everything is listed accurately and those are all Get Along Gang figures. Hopefully I'll win the auction, lol. Take care and if you ever come across any others anywhere please let me know.

Comment

I have a Clubhouse Caboose with most figures, as well as a Hocus hare, a Pocus Possum, and a Leyland Lizard. Was thinking about selling them on eBay - was just wondering if it was worth putting them up for sale and if there would be much interest. Thanks.

Comment

I will keep an eye out for these. Where I live,there are a lot of places that sell retro toys and stuff (Snoopers Paradise in Brighton is fantastic for that,they still sell 70's puffed rice Dr Who badges and Beatles bubblegum,Farrah Fawcett Majors dolls.. (all original too).I love going in there

Comment

Originally posted by caboose View Post
                        I have a Clubhouse Caboose with most figures, as well as a Hocus hare, a Pocus Possum, and a Leyland Lizard. Was thinking about selling them on eBay - was just wondering if it was worth putting them up for sale and if there would be much interest. Thanks.

I would like to know if you have any available items that i could buy

Please let me know how much you are selling them for get along figures with cab blouse. Very interested in this item

Comment

Working...
                        X