Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumbo Coke Cans

Had a quick search but nothing came up,

does anyone remember before there were 500ml coke bottles we used to have 500ml coke cans, the same diameter as a 330ml can but taller.

I'm trying to remember what year this would have changed over, I can remember having the 500ml cans in 1993.

Did other products come in a 500ml can? I can't remember. Cos the pepsi 'widemouth' 500ml bottle must have come out soon after the coke 500ml bottle?

Re: Jumbo Coke Cans

I can remember them but had forgotten all about them until you just said.There is mention of them here which states they were around in 85. sadly the picture is missing.
    Great Britain 1985 Coca-Cola cans - White rim - New Supercan! 500ml
    Heather

Comment

it's interesting because I don't think they were very popular,
      I don't remember seeing many, and I know they were still going in '93.

Yet someone decided there was a market for a 500ml product but it should be a bottle, and now i'd say the 500ml bottle is more popular than the 330ml can

Comment

Thats because you can scew the cap back on a bottle and keep the fizz, where as once your can is open theres no going back
        I personally find it hard to drink a full 330ml can in one go
        Heather

Comment

I remember these in the 80's, but had forgotten about them until now

Comment

Sort of remember these. Also remember the limited edition cans with wierd designs on them.

Comment

Here you go Stevioneda:

The best before dates range from NOV 92 to MAY 94
              Last edited by UKRob; 01-07-2008, 16:36. Reason: get the photo showing

Comment

Excellent. Bring them back.

Comment

Irn Bru do the 500ml cans in Scotland.

Comment

I remember the 500ml Supercans, Woolworths once had them on offer for 35p only 2p more than the standard 330ml ones.

Sometimes you can get soft drinks in 440ml cans, the standard size for beer & cider.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

great stuff remember those supercans very well.

can remember going for chips and getting a supercan.

i doubt very much these are still around.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Looks well weird that size for a Coke can. Looks more normal for an alcoholic drink though. Anyone remember the massive Coke bottles? Bigger than the 2 L ones? I also remember Cokes 2 L and bigger bottles used to have black plastic bases at the bottom until they introduced the knobbly bottomed bottles.

Comment

I used to buy one every day on the way to school for about five years,
                          Going from around 87-92, In fact I had a reputation at school because of this.
                          Apparently I used to hold the can in a "funny" way, and as we all know, something as simple as that is fair game for ridicule at school.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                            Anyone remember the massive Coke bottles? Bigger than the 2 L ones? I also remember Cokes 2 L and bigger bottles used to have black plastic bases at the bottom until they introduced the knobbly bottomed bottles.
                            Oh yeah, I remember them well from the mid 80s, they were 3 litre badboys.
                            My Dad would usually get one for family days out & stuff.
                            I can remember pulling the black bit off the bottom on a few occasions.
                            Pepsi did them for a while too if I remember correctly.

Comment

Wow cant say i remember them mate.
                              when did u first see them.

i sure do not remember seeing them over here where iam.

perhaps they where for sale in certain places and other places they where not..
                              perhaps a pic of tem would jog my memory.

Anyone remember the massive Coke bottles? Bigger than the 2 L ones? I also remember Cokes 2 L and bigger bottles used to have black plastic bases at the bottom until they introduced the knobbly bottomed bottles.[/QUOTE]
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                              X