Fax / Facts / Would you believe it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fax / Facts / Would you believe it?

Does anyone remember a programme for kids that was all about interesting facts? All I can remember about it is that the screen used to be divided into 4 segments with one of the presenters faces in each segment and they used to look to the next person and they did a little rhyme that went something like...

"What?"
    "No?"
    "You must be Joking"
    "Would you believe it?"

I can't remember who any of the presenters were but I know they are/were quite well known?!?!

Re: Fax / Facts / Would you believe it?

I can remember this! I can't remember what it was on though. A part of me thinks it might have been a segment on Tomorrow's World at some point, but I'm not sure.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

My goodness, Trickyvee; you dug this one up didn't you! The OP's last activity on here was nearly four and a half years ago. But I too seem to recall what they describe. There was a kid's show I remember that might fit the decription, called "Extraordinary", (I think), but I can't find any info about it.

Comment

"What?"
        "No?"
        "You must be Joking"
        "Would you believe it?"

I think was s segment in Record Breakers in the mid 1980s, where they would read out a couple of "strange but true" records.

I did like Fax, which used to have all sorts of odd stuff, like Bill Oddie eating some 50 year old Corn Beef someone had found in their cellar.

The 5:35 slot on BBC1 had all sorts of off-beat shows (Go For it, Charle In Charge) until Neighbours made it's home there.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Dunno why I thought of "Going A Bundle". although I can recall next to nothing about it

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
            Dunno why I thought of "Going A Bundle". although I can recall next to nothing about it
            I remember watching 'Going A Bundle' and it starred Harry Fowler, but I can't think what it was about.
            I can even hum the theme tune.
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Yes that was it. It was on Record Breakers. It's been bugging me for years so when I found it in an old post I had to run with it!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Are you sure you don't mean the show "Fax" with Debbie Rix and Billy Butler?

Comment

Working...
                X