last day of term ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last day of term ....

was it just me or the area i grew up .. or did anybody else on the last day of term get to bring a came in ... cue 15 kids with connect 4 i once took in crossfire and had a cue of kids scrambling for a game ...
    A HOUSE WITHOUT A KETTLE IS A HOUSE WITHOUT A HEART .....

We got lemonade, sweets, bikkies, etc. the day we got the Xmas hols in Primary. Nothing in Second-level, when the last summer exam ended there'd be a huge roar & a rush for the door. The school-leavers used to sing : "We won't be back in September".
    Primary and Third-level were great days, with a certain teacher-pupil camraderie whereas Second-level was downright hostile from both sides...
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

yeah in primary and secondary school we could take games in and also didnt have to wear our uniform.
      No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

yeah back in primary school we all got to bring in toys n stuff on th elast day. It was great!!!
        Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

i remember one year taking in mastermind..................

Comment

Yes...toy day. It could make or break some kids. If you brought in a great toy, the reputation would last a fair few months. And wow, what a chance to sample stuff. Some of my best primary school memorires are toy days.

However, the downside was getting them broke. One toy day saw the death of the kick-action device for my Steve Goalgetter (a football themed action man type of thing that I flogged on ebay last year. It made £20 even though it hadn't worked since the toy day disaster).

Comment

I first learned to play Monopoly on an end-of-term toy day. Wiped the floor with the other players and haven't won a game since! I remember my Etch-a Sketch being very popular!

Comment

Re: last day of term ....

Do you remember the few weeks on the run up to the xmas holidays (in the 70's)you got to make your own xmas cards and calanders with the stamper, the stamper had a xmas scene and once you stamped the scene onto a piece of card you then got to colour it in and there you had it, mums xmas gift from you. from maxine

Comment

We had toy days as well. Remember taking in an A-Team pinball machine and being told I wasn`t allowed to play it as it was too noisey.

Comment

Originally posted by yelever View Post
                    We had toy days as well. Remember taking in an A-Team pinball machine and being told I wasn`t allowed to play it as it was too noisey.
                    how unfair.
                    uers i remember that as my older brother used to bring in toys think he still has some of them.

How long did these toy days last in otherwords where they still doing it in the eighties.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember almost every term end at primary school having a bring a game day. Also one time one of the teachers brought in a home recorded video of about an hour's worth of cartoon shorts, which at the time was really novelty to watch.

One teacher wouldn't let us bring in games because someone once had something nicked, I can't remember what we did then.

I don't really remember anything that special at secondary school.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yes i remember on the last day of term at primary school being able to bring in games.
                        one of us brought snakes and ladders,one brought ludo and so on.

i think by the time secondary school came around we where to old to bring in games.
                        i sure cant remember us bringing in games.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I had forgoten aboutall this at Primary School! Happy times yeah, I recall once in the last week's of term we had an "Harvest Festival" planned for the Community etc bvut sadly as much as the Teacher in that class was one of the best I ever had out of 5 years there said we'd all have a chance I never had such a chance - which also involved some piece of Art I think too or something like!

I think though I did take games (as did others') at secondary School, but games that Teenagers would play - strange though I recall more about Primary School last day's (vaugly) than Secondary School much more somehow!

Comment

Working...
                          X