Discontinued drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discontinued drinks

Was really sure what to title this thread, and couldnt see an existing thread that covered this. I came across some unusual drinks cans, when going through some of my collections in the loft the other day including TAB clear and these 3:

I remember the Hubba Bubba and refreshers drinks were lovely, but recall the sherbet fountain drink being very plain... Basically lemonade.

There were two others that came in the same range as the Refreshers and Sherbet Fountain, they were Fruit Salad and Black Jacks. But they came in small bottles and dont look so impressive!

Re: Discontinued novelty drinks

Wow!! Welcome To DYR Rob, there are a few novelty drinks cans posted somewhere on the board I think maybe on the Old Skool Packaging thread, these are great, think TAB clear has been posted before but I'm sure no one will mind if you add yours.
    I had long forgotten Hubba Bubba Soda so fantastic to see that again. We have talked about the Barratt drinks before but they too are also great pics. Thanks for sharing them with us. Look forward to you hopefully posting more great finds from your collections
    Heather

Comment

Cool Thread

Comment

Glad you like the pics!

Here are photos of the first two TAB Clear cans that were available in the UK, and i will get a photo of the fruit salad drink bottle on here asap. Couldnt see the blackjacks bottle when i looked! :cry: Hopefully its around somewhere.....

Comment

Damn!!! I absolutely loved that Hubba Bubba drink in the early 90's, best tasting soft drink ever!
          Why they stopped making it I'll never know, I even wrote to them and asked if they would start producing it again but they said they're not going to.

Comment

I agree, the Hubba Bubba soda has to be my all time favourite soft drink.

I found the Fruit Salad bottle, which has a plastic clip on Black Jack character over the lid. No sign of the Black Jack bottle though.....

Last edited by UKRob; 02-07-2008, 12:40. Reason: trying to get image to show

Comment

wow I tried the Refreshers one, and maybe the Blackjack and Fountain, but not the Fruit salad and hubba bubba

Comment

I'm loving that Blackjack lid
                Heather

Comment

You missed out Daz! The hubba Bubba and fruit salad drinks were delicious! But at least you experinced the delights of the refreshers drink.

I remember when i bought the fruit salad bottle that it seemed strange to have a Blackjacks character attached over the lid... But both the fruit salad and Blackjacks bottles had the same blackjacks figs on top. I wouldnt be at all surprised if in some other region there were oragne or yellow figs attached to the bottles, but I never saw them!

Comment

Coca-Cola Ghostbusters can.(Dont think this ever contained cola, but its still a "novelty")
                    Last edited by Heather74; 01-12-2008, 10:40.
                    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                      Coca-Cola Ghostbusters can.(Dont think this ever contained cola, but its still a "novelty")

I had one of those. They were available in Wimpy & 7/11 stores (whatever happened to 7/11??)

It was a mini can, about 3 1/2 inches high. It had no liquid in it.
                      It was meant to contain a Ghost
                      All that was inside was some luminious paint on the inside walls

Comment

Think our local 7/11 got taken over by Spar.
                        That photo's quite deceptive I thought it was 330ml size
                        I take it you didn't heed the warning on the side telling you not to open it?
                        Boys are so inquistive.
                        Heather

Comment

I got mine in 1984 when the film came out. I didn't open it for about a year, only did that when I was about to throw it out. It came free when you bought a slush drink from 7-11

Comment

Wonders if the Luminious paint was meant to be a trail left behind by Slimer??
                            Heather

Comment

Jubilade was launched for a limited time in 1977 for the Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II - my father got a crate of it (48 cans) which came with us to Majorca in August - it's a flavour memory hat will stay with me to the grave. Everything on that vacation tasted of strawberry....
                              Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
                              Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
                              While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
                              Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
                              -Kingsley Amis

Comment

Working...
                              X