70's group called Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's group called Child

Does anyone remember the 70's pop group called Child, there were good looking twins called Tim and Keith Atack in it, nobody seems to remember them.
    Last edited by sixtyten; 12-07-2008, 01:10.

Re: 70's group called Child

Already a thread
    https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/b...ing-crazy.html

Comment

Daz, do you know if one of the Atack twins played guitar on the Bonnie Tyler song and video for Hero, from maxine
      Last edited by sixtyten; 12-07-2008, 13:40.

Comment

Yes, it was Keith Atack

Comment

Originally posted by salemsmine View Post
          Does anyone remember the 70's pop group called Child, there were good looking twins called Tim and Keith Atack in it, nobody seems to remember them.
          the other members of the band were Graham Bilborough and Mike Mckenzie,Mike was from Edinburgh AND i even remember their roadie ,he was called Ev.Spent a bit of time with them at a club in Edinburgh called Harveys and remember them well.

Comment

Oh yes I remember Child very well . Mike and Ev lived next door to each other and mates and I spent many a day hanging around outside their houses. Mikes Mum used to make us tea & sandwiches and let us use her loo! Mikes wee sister was called Yvonne. Saw Child in concert in Edinburgh a few times and I used to talk to Grahams Mum and Keith & Tims brother, Simon, on the phone quite regularly. Until my folks got a "rather large" phone bill and they soon put a stop to that. The follys of youth lol.

Comment

Les Mcqueen played on several 'Child' hits as a session guitarist. He is better known as leading axe man for Creme Brulee - Royston Vaseys finest ...

Comment

ahh the wonder that was " Voodoo Lady"
                sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Glad someone else saw the humour in that one as well

Comment

remember them well mate good too

Comment

I think this group had a song called "To Be Alone" on a compilation album I owned but whose title I've forgotten.

Comment

I remember them. I worked in a Pub in Sherburn and the landlords daugher was going out with Graham. He used to pop in from time to time and I remember being absoloutly awestruck when I received a Xmas card from both of them! The twins I think..lived close by in Fairburn
                        ....don't take life so seriously...or you'll never get out alive....

Comment

I might be totally wrong here, but did they do a song called "cruel to be kind" in about 1979?

Comment

That was Nick Lowe wasn't it?

Comment

All I remember was my friend was mad about a group called child, and she went to see them,and cameback with badges and stuff. Might be one of those songs that has been done by a few singers?

Comment

Working...
                              X