Big D round bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big D round bread

who remembers the round shaped bread called big D. and also the crisps called 49ers, they were shaped like a wheel and pickle flavour i think, the ad went like this, when theres no more 49ers well theres always Clementine. salemsmine
    Last edited by sixtyten; 13-07-2008, 02:05.

re: Big D round bread

I remember Big D peanuts, as each packet was removed from the holder a scantily clad beauty would be revealed

I remember 49ers I think , they were a maize snack rather potato chip if I remember right.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Re: Big D round bread

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
      I remember Big D peanuts, as each packet was removed from the holder a scantily clad beauty would be revealed
      ha ha ..still see them nowadays

There's even one behind the bar (by the gap that leads through to the back) in the Queen Vic (Eastenders)....I'm often to be heard shouting "MOVE out the way Peggy" at the screen
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by salemsmine View Post
        who remembers the round shaped bread called big D. and also the crisps called 49ers, they were shaped like a wheel and pickle flavour i think, the ad went like this, when theres no more 49ers well theres always Clementine. salemsmine

Yup, I was browsing through a suppliers electrical catalogue this afternoon and saw "Big D Adaptors", which triggered a long forgotten memory....I can even recall the advert jingle, which I tried to find on YouTube-->

#"..Two strangers came to our territory, they were lookin' for trouble, but they found Big D. Big slices of bread mighy temptin' to see, did they go for the money? NO, They went for Big D.."#

This must be c.1972/3 ish, as I'm sure I was just starting secondary school when this bread was being advertised.

Do you remember SLIMCEA ?
        Last edited by Quetelet; 02-06-2009, 15:35.

Comment

Originally posted by salemsmine View Post
          I think you mean Big T. I had a Big T sticker on my bedroom door with an indian saying Big T taste heap good or something like that.
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Working...
          X