X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Wrong With The Kids Today ...

happy slapping old biddy mugging A.B.O.S collecting oiks

in my day you never gave lip to kids older than you ... long gone summers

of getting up for why don't you and the littlest hobbo . then playing out till dinner then off out again till tea . and off out till it was too dark to see ya footie

in the pre game console days we made up our own games ..

british bulldog
    curby
    headers n volleys
    123 in
    knock n run

can't speak for the ladies but i do remember my sis playing "lastics"

anybody else got any game memories

im off to get some paper caps and run a stone down them .....
    A HOUSE WITHOUT A KETTLE IS A HOUSE WITHOUT A HEART .....

paper caps wow i remember! yes i played elastics and if no - one would play i'd wrap it round two stools and play by myself, also curby, british bulldogs, tracking, we could amuse ourselves for hours and play out with no trouble whatsoever.
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

we use to play strecth with a pen knife where you throw the knife about 6 " away from your foot and the next person had to place there foot there the winner was the one who could strecth the longest was ok for me at the time could do the splits no problem any one esle remember this?
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

no sounds a bit dangerous??!!
        No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

stretch

oh!! i remember stretch as you called it we used to call it splits or split the kipper,was dangerous as i had knife in the foot on more than one occasion.bulldog,tat tat ginger(knock and run),so many others i cant think of the names now.but just carefree days, climbing trees,making a den,lighting fires(naughty i know but we all done it at some time i'm sure),nesting for birds eggs,making a swing on a big tree with a stick to sit on then get one of your mates to go on it and then all do a pile on!!!! oh!! those were the days.
          i will be back on this one with some other memories........bliss!!!!
          oops!! forgot,paper caps,one of my all time favourite things to pinch form our local shop(not encouraging anyone to shoplift)

Comment

I remember playing elastics,it was great. we used to spend hours playing that.played it at school too. at home it was always a struggle to find 2 chairs that were strong enough to hold the elastic-most of them just slid together so you couldnt play if you were alone.
            the trouble with kids these days is they`ve no imagination.they need entertaining instead of entertaining themselves.
            we had a tree house too in our orchard.it was mainly for the boys.we used to have a platform up a tree and jump off that on to an old mattress.my brother made bridges from tree-to-tree out of planks.it was fine til someone fell off it &broke their arm and dad made us take it all down
            we had a big inner tube off a tractor on a rope for a swing and I remember I used to go sit on one of my brothers mates knees and have a swing.ooer.

Comment

I was lucky enough to live on a No Through Road & lived on my roller skates 24/7, well till mum or dad came out onto the front lawn and told me it was time to come in.

If I wasn't on my skates, I was on my bike.

Sometimes it was both - alas, it is a talent I no longer posess, but I used to be excellent at riding a bike with roller skates on.

Originally posted by foxyminx
              I remember playing elastics,it was great. we used to spend hours playing that.played it at school too. at home it was always a struggle to find 2 chairs that were strong enough to hold the elastic-most of them just slid together so you couldnt play if you were alone.
              Aaaahhahaha exactly right... I only ever played Elastics at school, for that exact reason.

Comment

i used to play elastics too now my daughter does it but keeps bugging me for the rymes you used to sing whilst doing it and i cant remember any except for one which is
                england ireland scotland wales inside outside on the rails
                can anyone remember any others
                boo boo de boop

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234
                  we use to play strecth with a pen knife where you throw the knife about 6 " away from your foot and the next person had to place there foot there the winner was the one who could strecth the longest was ok for me at the time could do the splits no problem any one esle remember this?
                  We played this at school but with compasses, as in geometry not finding your way north compasses.

Comment

OMG Kerby.... wow I had forgotten that.... I used to be a real hotshot at it too!
                    sigpic
                    Mrs Oggy
                    ~~~*~~~*~~~
                    Count your friends amongst the stars....
                    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Re: Whats Wrong With The Kids Today ...

Yes, I remember this well, used to play very often until one day the knife landed in my shin!!

Comment

We used to make trollies (karts) and race them down our street. For a couple of years there was some waste land at the bottom of the street and we would do trials trollies buy marking out a rally type course with bricks, then you'd be pushed round the course to see who could get fastest. It was really rough ground but they took the hammer except for a sharp turn on the tarmac pavement and thats when the tyre would usually come off the rim, we got through quite a few pushchair and pram wheels, axles & tyres.

One was called the Lamborghini Cowshed (Countach) witch was the most popular one & took all the hammer. We even put a cab on it once but it didn't really work.

The other was called The Beast as that was a huge one with big pram wheels.
                        sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

We just used whole abandoned prams! I recall three of us hurting down a steep hill,no-one steering untill we hit the bottom and all flew off in different directions,we were hurt but were laughing so much we didn't feel the pain

Comment

I remember going down the hills in the local area on a skateboard - This was before we knew you stood on them (circa 1974 ) - Me and me mate would sit on on it and race our mates on Go-karts.

Tin can Lergy
                            Wally (Wall eee) Kickin a bal against a wall
                            Dobby off ground
                            Dobby Little men
                            Knock a door ginger.
                            Crawlin round the church grounds when the brownies / guides were in.

Wow just bringing back loads of memories

Comment

We use to go Hedge hopping and hedge walking, played kick the can,bulldog, alley "o" and kerby.WE loved going across the brook with our fishing nets and jam jars then jumping the brooks "walls" and building dams. doing the "snake" though the brook tunnels. Torch tick and hide and seek, and dare I admitt to a bit of post mans knock .
                              Happy Days.
                              Last edited by Heather74; 12-03-2007, 22:52.
                              Heather

Comment

Working...
                              X