Tv movies under the heading The Continental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tv movies under the heading The Continental

Hello goes anyone reme,mber these films,i think they were on ITV during the 80s,under the heading The Continental there was a different one each week,foreign usually french and dubbed over english for our benefit.One in particular im trying to find was called 'Over My Dead Body' it was a comedy,about a guy who due to mistaken identity had a price on his head and various hitmen trying to kill him but ending up dead themselves by him accidentally without him even knowing.I hope someone out there remembers and could tell me how i could get hold of a copy.

Re: Tv movies under the heading The Continental

I don't remember that particular film, but I do recall The Continental Movie season which was shown on LWT quite late at night. This was circa 1982, and Peter Lewis was the man who usually announced them beforehand, and they were often badly dubbed French or Italian movies starring actresses like Nathalie Baye, who would in most cases drop her clothes off at some point in the proceedings. I think I can recall one French film, inwhich a man becomes pregnant, and it was remade by the Americans - no surprise there. Another film was shown a few times and was remade as The Woman In Red. I think the French title was Pardon Mon Amour. It was about a married man facing a mid-life crisis, who becomes infatuated with this mysterious young woman he keeps seeing around town. He eventually meets her and begins having an affair. Meanwhile his son's friend (i think) keeps trying to get a piece of his wife. In the end he decides that the grass is not greener, and goes back to his wife, he is oblivious to his affair as she's been concentrating on his two teenage kids and the housework.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
    X