Humpty Dumpty Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humpty Dumpty Club

Does anyone remember it? I remember a height chart, books and stickers when i was about 4 but nobody i know remembers it.

Bella x x

Re: Humpty Dumpty Club

There is a height chart mentioned in this leaflet.

Comment

Here's another leaflet featuring the height chart.

Last edited by davidthomas27; 26-07-2008, 14:23.

Comment

Wow I feel 5 again!! Looking at the leaflet David posted I fondly remember sulking as Mum didn't have empty cotton reels to make my animals. (Think I used match boxes) I loved Tiger pig and Roger and the elephant. Didn't the picture cards have little puzzles on the back. The money box and puzzle it just is all coming back. Sadly Bella nobody I know remembers it either and look at me as if I am mad!

Sharon xx

Comment

I don't know if it survived the last move but I had my sisters set for my kids.
          One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Having become a Nana 3 weeks ago, my daughter and I were talking today and she has already started collecting books for her son, and I asked her if she remembered the Humpty Dumpty Club. She did so I've come on here to see if anyone else does. It is giong back about 25 years. It was very good and taught both her and her younger brother so many things. The books were really good. Tiger Pig I remember well. I have now got to go into the loft because I am sure they are all packed up in a box as I could not bear to part with them I do hope they are still there so that we can have many hours, as my grandson gets older, to play with them.

Comment

I remember seeing adverts on ITV for that one weekday around 12:30 (i.e. after Rainbow, Pipkins or whatever had just finished), but I was about 5 or 6 at the time, i.e. going to primary school. By then I was too old for Humpty Dumpty Club, as that was aimed more at preschoolers (3-4 year olds).

However when I was preschool age, I did get stuff from a similar scheme: 345 Learning Course. That still carried on well after I first heard about Humpty Dumpty Club. When I was around 9 or 10, I still saw adverts "Children love learning with the 345 Learning Course" in TVTimes, newspapers etc.
              I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

Cold shivers...

I used to want to be a member of this, perhaps even more than I wanted to join the Tufty Club!

Comment

I remember this advert pretty well Bella, I was the little girl featured in it...along with a couple of other adverts...I have been trying for years to find them...so I can show them to my kids...so far, no luck ...
                  But THANKYOU for remembering.....at least I know I wasn't the only person to remember the club....LOL!!!

Comment

I remember seeing ads for this when I was very young, I think there was also a Teddy club as well.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My sister and I were members!! Feels weird looking at the pictures again!! Good old Tiger Pig!! And I LOVED the cotton reel animals.
                      "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you so much for posting info about the Humpty Dumpty club! I used to live for the parcels that came through our letter box from the club, and I learnt to read using their games and books and activities etc.

Does anyone know if there is something similar available now? I'd love to get something like this for my kids.

Comment

Our kids used to have the Humpty Dumpty Club packs. It was the highlight of the month!!

Comment

[QUOTE=bella73;94656]Does anyone remember it? I remember a height chart, books and stickers when i was about 4 but nobody i know remembers it.

i remember it i was a member can u still register to it? i want sign my 16 month old up for it

Comment

Originally posted by razordogz View Post
                              i remember it i was a member can u still register to it? i want sign my 16 month old up for it
                              Does the Humpty Dumpty Club as you remember it, and I remember seeing it advertised on ITV late 70s / early 80s (albeit by then too old to be a member) still exist even?

I've just done a Google search for Humpty Dumpty Club and found this Humpty Dumpty Club web site, but I'm not sure it's quite the same thing.
                              I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

Working...
                              X