Arghh! new trainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arghh! new trainers

I remember it was only a few years ago that you felt such a spoon going out in brand new trainers, used to stroll along kicking at dust etc to try and scuff 'em up a bit....

Now I got nephews staying for a few days and they carefullly wipe theirs every night to try and keep the 'pristine' look; one of them took his laces out, hand washed them and even ironed them next day before relacing.

Because of this I been taking note when out and about and it looks like all teenagers are doing similar things nowadays to keep their trainers in brand new condition

When did this changeover happen - did anyone notice?

Re: Arghh! new trainers

Probably happened when the price of a pair of trainers got so much that kids started muggin other kids just for thier trainers !

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
      I remember it was only a few years ago that you felt such a spoon going out in brand new trainers, used to stroll along kicking at dust etc to try and scuff 'em up a bit....

Now I got nephews staying for a few days and they carefullly wipe theirs every night to try and keep the 'pristine' look; one of them took his laces out, hand washed them and even ironed them next day before relacing.

Because of this I been taking note when out and about and it looks like all teenagers are doing similar things nowadays to keep their trainers in brand new condition
      Ace thread indeed. I don't think that such a changeover has ever happened as so (thankfully). This was always the case I knew when growing up and still is .... I did such things - no doubts.

I was mad and still am mad on lacing ideas for Trainers as I was Yesterday (in 80s terms) if I am going to a Smart/Casual do and though it sounds daft (when I remember I still introduce my extendable Feather Duster to my best Trainers to keep them as presteme and nice looking as possible!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post

I bet there are PW's or Stan Smiths your Nephew's had hey Danny??

Comment

Working...
        X