plastic hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plastic hats

While out in the rain this morning and seeing kids walking about with no coats on and thinking they'll get rheumatism when they're older, I remembered my mum used to make me where this awful plastic rain hat that tied under your chin that grannies used to wear. I haven't seen anyone wearing them for years, are they still about?

And am I turning into my mum?

Re: plastic hats

Wow this thread made me smile My Nan use to swear by those plastic rainhoods The only place you seem to see them these days is in the haidressers, I use to work in a salon and they sold quite well, saving all the grannys perms and blue rinses from running in the rain.

As for your last questiom..no comment
    Heather

Comment

That's it, plastic rainhoodies. After my mum's been to the hairdresser she ties a scarf over her hair and then rain or shine the plastic rainhood on top! And bless her I've just remembered she used to make me wear plastic fluorescent arm bands as well when walking to school, double embarresment!

Comment

and a favourite at all British sea side resorts (in summer mind) Pak a Macs .....a sort of fold- up- able (precursor to kagoles) over coat thingy. Avaialbe in all colours and see through, from Woolies.
        The eyes have it!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pedro View Post
          and a favourite at all British sea side resorts (in summer mind) Pak a Macs .....a sort of fold- up- able (precursor to kagoles) over coat thingy. Avaialbe in all colours and see through, from Woolies.
          Ah yes...the pak a macs. I remember those lots of them in our house along with the plastic hoods and armbands.... but they did keep you dry even if you did look a complete burk wearing them

Comment

Yep blue one for me and dad, clear ones for my mum and sister
            The eyes have it!
            sigpic

Comment

Ha ha ... I remember those plastic hoodies too, used to make a great " SNAPPING" noise when you pulled them to fold em up....
              Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!

Comment

Working...
              X