Mexico '86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico '86

Despite the fact that Mr. Maradona scored with his hand, this World Cup was te first one that I watched every game to. Oh the memories of Gary Lineker with his arm in plaster scoring a hat-trick.....*sigh*

Oh and of course, when you look back at it now, you can play spot the mullett!

I still have my complete Mexico 86 Panini sticker album. Guadalahara stadium was a bugger to find

Comment

me too ... and that england 3-0 victory over poland was the start of it all

that lil pigue man with the sombreo i got a toy of him out of a kinder egg ...

and the lil silver medals from the petrol station
      A HOUSE WITHOUT A KETTLE IS A HOUSE WITHOUT A HEART .....

Comment

That 1st "goal" v England was a disgraceful decision but, that said, no one man dominated a World Cup like Maradona did in '86. Game of that tournament - for quality of football - was France beating Brazil on pens. We missed it at the time due to an electrical storm but I've seen it since.
        My favourite mascot was the little orange with the football, Spain 82. Bought loads of chocolate footballs just for the stickers of him inside.
        Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Good luck tonight England.
          Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

and to ireland too, aidan.
            Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

Re: Mexico '86

a fella i know went to the final as well as to 6 or 7 other matches.
              he was working in the u.s at the time.

he showed me the programme of the final.
              and showed me pics of himself at that world cup.

the final was in the azteca stadium and he told me he had never felt such heat.
              there was virtually no shade.
              Last edited by darren; 28-10-2011, 01:40.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: Mexico '86

For unknown reasons I also had the Panini sticker album. I wasn't even into football and can't remember anything about that World Cup apart from the 'hand of God' incident.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                X