Star Wars puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars puzzle

Right, back in seventies I saw the first Star Wars film at pictures and still remember every awe struck moment. Since then saw it loads of times on telly, video etc.

Last weekend was sitting with grandson while he was watching it on a DVD and there was a scene where the Rebel Alliance are dashing about in their hangers getting ready to go and
    attack the Death Star in the final big shoot–up, a guy runs up shouting ‘Luke!’ and him and Skywalker speak for a few seconds asking after each other etc.
    Grandson turns and asks who it was and I explain he’s one of the guys who used to Diss Luke when they were local teenagers on Tattooine and call him Wormy and face him down in fights etc

Puzzled look off grandson so I flicked to the start of DVD and fast forward … no such scene.
    Then I drag out the VCR and the video tape I bought from WH Smiths years ago and put that in to show him… no such scene.
    Finally I got a copy I’d taped from Beeb 1 and played that….no such scene

Question is, how did I know who that guy was and where did I see it? It definitely wasn’t at the cinema
    Last edited by Heather74; 05-09-2008, 12:24.

Re: Star Wars puzzle

there's many deleted scenes from Star Wars on youtube (eg where Luke notices the space battle above the planet between the ISD & the rebel ship..where Princess Leia is captured)

Perhaps you saw it on one of the 'special edition' box releases?
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Yeah! think you maybe right .... the bit where he wea mooding about outside his Uncles house and saw lights in the sky was same night he came back home in a sulk after seeing the Bully Boy in the teenage hangout so that must be it ---I do remember sitting in mates house many years ago and he had a box set so it must have had some extra scenes in it

Cheers my friend

Comment

He wasn't a bully boy, that was one of Luke's mates, called Biggs Darklighter. He was giving Luke "friendly stick" about being stuck at home and not going off to join him in the academy. he also told Luke there that he had joined the Rebel Alliance.

The scene was filmed but dropped from SW, so was the reunion bit at the base, but the latter was re-added to the Special Editions.

The original footage for the Tatooine hangout bit is on youtube here and various other sources, I think it may be on the special features of the SE set and was also in a "Star Wars Universe" Interactive CD I got many moons ago for the PC. Oh, the place I remember it from was the Star Wars cartoon story book which I got the Xmas SW came out, it had been done before the final draft so still had those scenes in. As it was the only source of the story I had due to there being no videos etc back then, and kids having active imaginations, it kind of got ingrained in my head a bit, maybe it did yours too?

Comment

Think it’s cracked now for sure.

I remember nephew getting the cartoon book at the time and me reading it cos he wasn’t really old enough to read it by himself so that’s prob put the memory on my head and made me think I watched it…
          I not saw any of the bits on YouTube as yet.
          Last edited by Heather74; 05-09-2008, 12:23.

Comment

Hey the footage on You Tube is great. I had never seen any of the deleted scenes with Biggs Darklighter before - cool stuff! I'm sure Lucasfilm will keep bringing out special editions for years to come - the 'Director's Director's Cut Special Extended and Rebuffed Edition' and this stuff will eventually be released...

Comment

There are a lot of "scenes" that Luke (and others) mention that are in word format only. "Like when I used to shoot womprats (sp?) back home" - It never took place and was never ever filmed.

Comment

The scene at the beginning with Biggs leaving, as well as another cut scene of Solo meeting with Jabba's gang at Mos Eisley, were both also included in the Marvel Comics adaption. I read it when it came out, and have caught myself several times over the years thinking those scenes were in the movie, too. I believe they're also in the novelization.

Comment

Working...
                X