Pacers ..... And Sweets Of Youth .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacers ..... And Sweets Of Youth .

not sure if this has been covered in a previous thread ...

but who remembers pacers the spearmint chew with stripes... about the same size and texture as an opal fruit ..

and whilst on a the subject of edibles who remembers the baked bean flavoured piggy crisps theyn were kinda hollow ... what where they called ????

me n miss sausages were stumped ....
    A HOUSE WITHOUT A KETTLE IS A HOUSE WITHOUT A HEART .....

crisps

hi there, me and the missus (pootle) think the crisps were called piglets. hope that helps ya out

Comment

Pacers were gorgeous and I can't for the life of me understand why they ever got rid of them. Can you remember the advert for them with the ice skaters? That was soooo cheesy.

There was another sweet that I used to love, which I can't remember the name of; it was like a multi-coloured striped chew, which was all different fruit flavours. Someone told me the name of it a while ago but like a complete klutz I forgot it, but they were lush!

Comment

the multi coloured chews do you mean the ones that came in like a net bag?
        No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Piglets - tiny little potatoes pigs with a hollow middle. Baked bean flavour.

Comment

Nope, the multi coloured thing was more of like a bar...it's annoying me to bits now!

Comment

Stripy sweets - YUM

Yeah the Pacers were lovely - my Nan always got them for us and I think the multicoloured ones were called "Striper" the advert had people turning multicoloured stripes. That was noce too mut I wanted it to be chewier so it lasted longer!

Comment

Simple as that Ellie, a Striper, and there was me racking my brain.... thank yoooooooo!

Comment

i sure it was called splicer

Comment

Apparently, back in the 60s, those hard sweets ( cola cubes, lemon sherbets, rhubarb'n'custard etc. ) were called "gallon sweets" because of the size of tin they came in while the tins were known as " sweet gallons" !
                    Chicken and egg....
                    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

sweets and chocolate

remember spangles??? or when starburst were called opal fruits(yum),or marathon before it turned into snickers!!!!!!!... i too remember pacers(mentioned elsewhere)and texan,blast from the past back in the shops,as nice but sure its a bit smaller than it used to be??

Comment

i can remember paying 10p for a packet of maltesers and thinking that it was expensive! we used to visit a little sweet shop (remember those?!) in Shifnal (Shropshire those days) that we used to call 'Mrs Spencer's Sweet Shop' although that probably was nothing like the real name. She had every sweet that a child could ever hope to covet! Our favourites were the sugar mice with string tails that made us feel sick as dogs for the rest of the day. She used to bring out a footstool for us to stand on so we could see over the counter. Can't see the supermarkets doing that these days
                        Last edited by Jaydee; 26-04-2006, 05:02.

Comment

I remember Pacers! and Striper! And weren't Piglets (in a red bag 5p) crispy bacon flavour? (hence the shape). Sugary mice made me feel sick too. As a consolation for being dragged around relatives I used to get a bag of Piglets or 'Football Crazy' corn snacks (shaped..... like footballs!) and a packet of Galaxy Counters or a Moose bar - remember them? I think they were a cheap version of a milky way with a moose on the wrapper. Actually it was maybe Football Crazy's that were crispy bacon flavour........ *mind goes fuzzy*

Comment

Originally posted by Jaydee
                            i can remember paying 10p for a packet of maltesers and thinking that it was expensive! we used to visit a little sweet shop (remember those?!) in Shifnal (Shropshire those days) that we used to call 'Mrs Spencer's Sweet Shop' although that probably was nothing like the real name. She had every sweet that a child could ever hope to covet! Our favourites were the sugar mice with string tails that made us feel sick as dogs for the rest of the day. She used to bring out a footstool for us to stand on so we could see over the counter. Can't see the supermarkets doing that these days
                            I was born in Shifnal.

God - loved the sugar mice.

Mojo's.
                            annisead balls.

Do you remember when you were little Cadbury creme eggs seemed like they were the size of footballs - they seem tiny now....

Comment

Do you remember when you were little Cadbury creme eggs seemed like they were the size of footballs - they seem tiny now....[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which look here - www.pimpmysnack.com
                              No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Working...
                              X