Help with title: comedy superhero family film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with title: comedy superhero family film

I'm trying to recall the name of a late 70s/early 80s family film. It may have been Disney but I'm not sure. It was American though.
    My memory is very vague but here goes:
    A guy is by a lake unaware there is about to be a secret radiation test and that the area is supposed to be evacuated. I vaguely remember he has some comedy encounter with an alligator. He survives the test and discovers he now has superhuman powers.
    The scene that sticks in my mind is at the end he uses bubblegum to blow a huge bubble which he uses to fly.
    My brother is convinced I am on about Condorman but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
    Any ideas?

Re: Help with title: comedy superhero family film

Supersnooper??
    Supersnooper - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - The New York Times

No good.. I cant get the best link to work,So I'll bring the mountain to you this review is from the same place as the above link.

IT'S a long wait, but there is one funny gag a few minutes before the end of ''Super Fuzz,'' a film shot in what the Avco Embassy Picture folks in Los Angeles describe as ''the sun-drenched vacation city of Miami, Fla.'' The two cops who are the heroes of this silly peccadillo have fallen into the earth - one from a balloon made of chewing gum - and vanished down a deep hole. Where do children emerge when they dig deep enough? In China, of course, but whether they come out in the People's Republic or Taiwan is, like the rest of the plot, left dangling.

Ernest Borgnine is the sergeant cop, his young partner is Terence Hill (who in real life was named Mario Girotti when he was making spaghetti westerns in the Alban Hills of Italy), Joanne Dru plays a nightclub singer named Rosy LaBouche, and Marc Lawrence, who gunned down many a celluloid gangster in his prime, is head of a counterfeiting mob. He's called Torpedo. To give the film the proper Italian-American casting flavor, Sergio Smacchi plays a character named Slot Machine, and Herbert Goldstein is named Silvius.

Well, it seems that Terence Hill-Mario Girotti, after accidental exposure to nuclear radiation, gains Superman-type powers. He can soar through the air, walk on water and command Sergeant Borgnine to dance like Fred Astaire with Rosy LaBouche, all in the interest of trapping the Miami perpetrators of crime. To flesh out the story, an alligator also makes a cameo appearance.
    Last edited by Heather74; 11-09-2008, 23:15.
    Heather

Comment

Condorman came out in 1981 and had Michael Crawford playing him i think. I saw it and cant remember anything about it but that doesnt ring a bell.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Supersnooper thats it!!
        Thanks, it was doing my head in. Turns out its an Italian made film but with an american cast.
        I found it hilarious as a kid but it probably won't stand the test of time if I manage to find a copy.

Thanks again!!

Comment

Yvw
          Heather

Comment

Working...
          X