David or Donny ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David or Donny ?

I remember in the seventies you were either a David Cassidy or a Donny Osmond fan - same as it was either Blue Peter or Magpie !

David Cassidy posters saved my parents decorating as no one could find space to see what was underneath !

It would be interesting to see who liked who and who the guys hated the most out of these two!

Re: David or Donny ?

hmmm....my cousins, a couple of years older than me, were sooooooo into David Cassidy....he was HOT HOT HOT (back then).

Same here, I remember them having David Cassidy posters all over their bedroom...

There was a US magazine, Tiger Beat - that is where a lot of the posters + info on David Cassidy came from.

Don't remember anyone thinking much of Donny Osmond - but maybe that was the people I knew, suburb we grew up in, hard to say really from this distance in time!

Comment

Originally posted by cazzy View Post
      I remember in the seventies you were either a David Cassidy or a Donny Osmond fan - same as it was either Blue Peter or Magpie !

David Cassidy posters saved my parents decorating as no one could find space to see what was underneath !

It would be interesting to see who liked who and who the guys hated the most out of these two!
      Donny (and BP)
      One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

I was a David Cassidy fan - Donny was far too squeaky clean IMO, though I did meet him several years ago, at a book signing, I thought he was lovely, and better looking than in his younger days, unlike David who has had a little too much botox

Comment

I was so much into David Cassidy, I used to cry when I heard a record of his on the radio or played one on my record player!
          Donny who?
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

OK, here's a guy who liked them both! But of the two, I'd say David because I loved watching The Partridge Family TV series as a kid, and probably enjoyed more of David's singles.

Comment

Wasn't into music at the time so neither although some of the tunes from around then have stuck with me. Part of the union by the strawbs was always on the radio in the morning when I was getting ready for school. Close to you by the Carpenters just because it sounded unlike anything else at the time and Without you by Nilsson. Think my Grandad liked this one and was always whistling it.

Somebody bought me the Gary Glitter annual 1974 (I was only 6 at the time). I have no idea why. I had no interest in music until 1979 when I was 11.
              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Oops, seem to have blundered into a girl's discussion, do forgive me. If I may drop in my two bobs worth, my sister went for Donny. I went for Suzi.

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                  Somebody bought me the Gary Glitter annual 1974 (I was only 6 at the time). I have no idea why. I had no interest in music until 1979 when I was 11.
                  He'd have liked you

Comment

I liked Donny. But I admit David had a good voice.
                    The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Originally posted by Agnetha352 View Post
                      I liked Donny. But I admit David had a good voice.
                      cannot say i know much about david agnetha.

did he do songs of his own as well.

i think david is older than donny though.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Did any of you write to David? If you did and you received a reply it probably wasn't from him.
                        In his book he said he used to burn all the letters he received.I guess it was because there was no way he could read them all.
                        The ones that did get answered were answered by his record company.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          cannot say i know much about david agnetha.

did he do songs of his own as well.

i think david is older than donny though.
                          David is older than Donny, Darren, by 7 years. 12 April 1950 to Donny's 9 December 1957.

I can't recall David writing his own songs though.

Comment

He wrote a couple of songs when he was doing The Partridge Family.
                            "Love Is All That I Ever Needed " was one and "There'll Come A Time" was another.
                            Donny didn't write many,either.

Comment

Very true, Al. But that was the 'norm' then to get some pinup dreamboy with at least some decent voice to sing songs written by others.

They did at least bring the great old songs to a younger audience though.

Comment

Working...
                              X