come back lucy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• come back lucy?

I'm thinking of a programme that had a young girl in it and when she looked in the mirror a ghost of another young girl was there, was it called come back lucy? anyone? I remember it scared the **** out of me anyway

xXx
    xXx

I remember something similar to that, although I think the name of the ghost kid was called "Chalkie".

It was sort of a glowing cube kinda thing. Not even sure if it was the same show, but your post reminded me of it.

I can't remember if it was an after school special type show, or if it was an actual series.

Comment

The series was made in 1978 and was based on a book by Pamela Sykes. Lucy used to travel back in time through the mirror. The other girl was from Victorian times I think. Scared the **** out of me too...

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney
        I remember something similar to that, although I think the name of the ghost kid was called "Chalkie".

It was sort of a glowing cube kinda thing. Not even sure if it was the same show, but your post reminded me of it.

I can't remember if it was an after school special type show, or if it was an actual series.
        are you on about the series "CHOCKY" and the lads name was matthew?
        Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

i remember chocky it was great!
          No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

I rememer Come Back Lucy, my second cousin played the girl who discovered the ghost.

Comment

Come back Lucy

Wish they would put it on DVD, it was very eerie from what I remember of it. Pink n Fluffie, don't you have any further info/photos on this from your second cousin?

Comment

Come Back Lucy

I still have the book the ghost's name was Alice. Lucy lived with her very old fashioned Aunt Olive, she snuffs it and Lucy gets sent to stay with her Aunt Gwen n Uncle Peter and their three trendy children! Lucy feels out of place and
                finds an attic room full of victorian stuff she looks in the mirror and is transported back in time to Victorian England where she befriends Alice, not realising she has sinister plans for her new found companion.

The TV series was brilliant but it seems it was never repeated or ever released which is a shame cos it was bl**dy brilliant!

Comment

Yes I remember Come Back Lucy. It was pretty scary from what I remember. I would love to see an episode of it again, have been trying for years to find out if there's a copy of it floating around. Can anyone remember what production company made it? For some reason I seem to remember it being Southern Television. If we could find out who it was, then maybe we'd get a step closer to finding out if there is any copies of it about.

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquespupcat
                    I still have the book the ghost's name was Alice. Lucy lived with her very old fashioned Aunt Olive, she snuffs it and Lucy gets sent to stay with her Aunt Gwen n Uncle Peter and their three trendy children! Lucy feels out of place and
                    finds an attic room full of victorian stuff she looks in the mirror and is transported back in time to Victorian England where she befriends Alice, not realising she has sinister plans for her new found companion.

The TV series was brilliant but it seems it was never repeated or ever released which is a shame cos it was bl**dy brilliant!
                    It was originally made, IIRC, in 1977 (and, despite its Christmas setting, broadcast around July - I can't remember the exact dates, but it's listed in The Hill and Beyond, a wonderful guide to kids' TV). It was then repeated in the run-up to Christmas 1980.

I'd love to see it again...

David.

Comment

Originally posted by stickswiper
                      Yes I remember Come Back Lucy. It was pretty scary from what I remember. I would love to see an episode of it again, have been trying for years to find out if there's a copy of it floating around. Can anyone remember what production company made it? For some reason I seem to remember it being Southern Television. If we could find out who it was, then maybe we'd get a step closer to finding out if there is any copies of it about.

Steve.
                      Made by ATV. Which then became Central.

Which I believe means it could be anywhere nowadays...

I audio recorded the first half of the last episode - I think I've still got it kicking about somewhere. But I'd love to actually see a DVD release of it. I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

I keep meaning to write to Phylidda Law - who played Aunt Gwen in the series. For some reason, I can't help thinking that if anyone - other than the ATV/Central archives - might have a recording of it, it's her.

David.

Comment

Originally posted by pinknfluffie
                        I rememer Come Back Lucy, my second cousin played the girl who discovered the ghost.
                        Yeah? I'm impressed! What's she doing nowadays? Sounds weird, but I'd love an autograph!

David.

Comment

For ages I thought I was the only one who remembered 'Come back Lucy'! Even my brother who watched it with me, insisted I was making it up.
                          I really wish they would bring this out on dvd, I would love to see it again. I remember quite a few snippits from it, such as when Lucy is ice skating and sees Alice in the ice, Alice and Lucy playing chess, I also remember Lucy joining in with the victorian carol singers.
                          It was really spooky!
                          I recently found out that it was originally a novel by 'Pamela Sykes', as mentioned before. The book was orginally called 'Mirror of Danger' and then was changed to 'Come back Lucy' to tie in with the show. The book is out of print now and pretty rare. They should reprint that as well!

Comment

Totally agree. I absolutely loved this series and it scared me too. Tried in vain for many years to get any information on existing episodes etc and gave up. My understanding is that Granada now hold the relevant archive library and they are contactable. I just hope that with the proliferation of these type of programmmes appearing on dvd thanks to 'Network' and others, Come Back Lucy will be dusted off soon. No point in it languishing in the archive any more!

Comment

I loved Come Back Lucy. I wish they'd bring it out on DVD too. I still have the book. Can't we set this up as a petition and send it to the relevent TV company?
                              Carol

Comment

Working...
                              X