X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The **** Old Days...New Book

www.thecrapolddays.com

I'm an author who's just written a humorous nostalgia book...

As you might guess from the name, it's a comedy book that takes a different angle on nostalgia - recalling what was rubbish about the past (Izal toilet paper for instance!)... but trying to do it in a light hearted and still nostalgic way. Be warned, you will need a sense of humour, and there's a touch of choice language here and there!

There are some sample entries up on the site, please do let me know what you make of it, any feedback would be great.

Ciarn
    Last edited by sixtyten; 02-10-2008, 21:00.

Re: The **** Old Days...New Book

I, for one, already have this book on order, after reading the various parts posted on the blog, I found myself laughing out loud (something that seems to just be confined to Internet talk these days)
    Can't wait to get my hard copy

Comment

LOL yeah I could read that stuff for ages....the bit about Designer Stubble made me laugh out loud.

Comment

Loved this (even though, as a fully paid up Doctor Who nerd, I disagree with virtually everything you say about my beloved show-particularly the inference that it's actually worth watching in its new incarnation!). Have to correct yo on one thing, though-Action Man did indeed have a *****, albeit a badly sculpted and mostly unrecognisable one, before the advent of the welded on blue underpants. He had a sculpted, realistic bum, as well. Unfortunately, back in those early days, he also had non-gripping hands incapable of holding his rifle and sculpted, painted on hair. But you can't have everything. There is in fact a direct link between two of these sample entries: Action Man's tank infamously appeared in an episode of Doctor Who, because the BBC were too cheap to build a proper model for a longshot. Which in no way confirms that Doctor Who was rubbish, of course. I prefer the terms "innovative and resourceful" myself...

Comment

Cheers for the feedback guys, cool!

RiJoJo: Nice to hear that it made you LOL

Tony: Glad you enjoyed it despite the Doc Who entry. I didn't know that Action Man had a **** in the early days... must have been the really early ones I guess? Almost makes it worse in a way - he had one and then they chopped it off...

Comment

I had my Action man in the very early 70's and he's never had a *****

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
              I had my Action man in the very early 70's and he's never had a *****
              He had a kind of sculpted 'U' shaped bulge which I think was as close as they could get. I still have my original Man Man, somewhere. If I can find him, I'll take a photo.

Comment

Still can't see it myself

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                  Still can't see it myself

Hmm, then what d'you reckon that weird sculpted bit is meant to represent?

Comment

I always thought it was like a nappy but looking again it seems to be there , right up to the waist , just to fill out his 'frontline'

Action Man aah? -- looks like GI Joe to me

Comment

Actually it does look a bit like he's wearing a nappy and someone's given him a wedgie... a beasting from the Action Man platoon, perhaps?

Comment

Just to let folks know that the book is finally out (should have been on the 6th but some distribution hiccups)... so Daz your copy should be with you shortly!

Hope you enjoy it
                        Last edited by Ciarn; 17-10-2008, 12:06. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I shall let you know when I've got it

Comment

I've just bought this!!! Haven't finished it yet, but it's superb so far. Very, very funny. Shake 'n' vac entry is genius.

Comment

Nice one Fred Glad you like it!

Comment

Working...
                              X