Flaming Fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaming Fuel

Ever noticed how, back in the seventies, there was always petrol bombs used in riots?
    You see them rioting nowadays and it never seems to happen.
    My theory…

A] Back then there were bottles everywhere i.e. milk bottles on steps and beer / pop bottles in most houses, nowadays its either 2 litre plastic cartons or flimsy cans that are no good for throwing

B) Petrol was easier to get when out on the street, a locking petrol cap was a optional extra, also there a lot of diesels about nowadays which limits your supplies

C] Ringleaders used to at the heart of the battles throwing stuff like good ‘uns, nowadays they’re at a vantage point filming it all on their mobile

D} the most you had to fear was a baton charge but nowadays there’s CS gas and lots of armed coppers

Can anyone think of any more reasons?

Re: Flaming Fuel

Danny? Are you actually getting nostalgaic for the days of proper riots? You must have led an interesting life in the 70s.

Comment

I remember when a riot was a riot with none of these namby pamby ways they have now--- we got killed in cold blood but By God we were happy

Comment

Lol! Anarchy ain't what it used to be

Comment

Was reading a local evening paper and it has a bit about Eagle comic havng some kind of anniversary.

Anyway if you follow this link to about halfway down it states that back in the 1960's the Eagle gave an illustrated diagram with helpful instructions on how to make your own Molotov cocktail ( ahhh - innocent times)

News & Star | Features | People | How to build a flame thrower... pages of history from when the Eagle soared

Comment

Working...
          X