Creepshow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepshow!

With Halloween coming up in a few weeks I thought I would mention the love it/hate it movie that is Creepshow! Has anybody here seen this horror movie from 1982 which was directed by George A. Romero and written by Steven King? The movie starts with a young boy reading a comic book made up of spooky tales, his dad throws the book in the garbage and the stories come to life, making up the movie.

I first caught a little of Creepshow many years ago when I was having a sleepover at a friend's house, if I remember correctly it was on Channel 5 at around 1/2 in the morning. The story I remember watching was called 'The Crate' and was about a wooden crate found in a school which contains a man-eating monster. Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge Creepshow has not been repeated on terrestrial TV since but I think it has been put onto Youtube. Most places on the internet now sell the DVD for pretty cheap and the film gets pretty decent reviews, it may look a bit cheesy in places and a little old but I think its somewhat of a cult classic.

So for those who have seen it what do you think?

Re: Creepshow!

Yep. I've seen it. It's made up of several stories written by Stephen King and George A.Romero.

- The Crate
    - They're Creeping up on You!
    - Something to tide you over
    - Fathers Day
    - The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill

Comment

Working...
    X