School Dentist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Dentist

Who remembers trips to the dentist only to be faced with the dreaded gas mask? The rubber smell was enough to make anyone sick.
    I'd rather have gas than a needle any day though
    Heather

Re: School Dentist

It used to really puzzle me how he managed to work in my mouth with that mask over my face , was a few years older before I realised it was taken off as soon as I conked out

Comment

Had it as a 8yr old...put me off dentists for life....felt like I was suffocating.

Took me 30 years to go back to a dentist...broken tooth got infected and I was in AGONY so had no choice.

I was terrrified in the chair...had the needle...hardly felt it go in, then felt nothing as he removed the tooth. Couldn't believe how ok it all was.
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I used to be terrified of the dentist when i was little. I remember trying to run away once but getting caught, dragged back in and held down in the chair while he put the mask on me. Think i had some teeth out. These days im ok with dentists. But yeah that mask....uuuurrghhh!!!!!

And the dentist at my highschool, i hated her. She always treated you like a 5 year old. She'd say stuff like "now tell mummy this" or "Tell mummy that". So annoying.
        Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

I don't recall a school dentist

Comment

I was never bothered by the dentist and have never had gas.

Ive got an op coming up to remove a wisdom tooth soon, dreading the pain after but at least i'll get a few days off work
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
              and have never had gas.
              I find that very hard to believe
              Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                i find that very hard to believe
                lol :d
                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

The school dentist has scarred me for life,I can never forget the smell of the gas or how they shouted at me to bite down on something :cry: I was only six or seven at the time,I'm going to have a tooth out on June 1st and even though I'll be awake I'm still bricking it

Comment

Only just found this thread and am feeling a bit mistified. I remember schools dentists visiting several times during my childhood but they only ever did a check-up. School dentists never did any work on your teeth. They'd report back to your partents what needed to be done - if anything. It is the case now and it was forty years ago.

But using a mask to put you out? At school?? Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
                      The school dentist has scarred me for life,I can never forget the smell of the gas or how they shouted at me to bite down on something :cry: I was only six or seven at the time,I'm going to have a tooth out on June 1st and even though I'll be awake I'm still bricking it
                      hooper, see my post above

No-one was more dreading going back to the dentists than me, but it was 100% ok thank God!
                      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I remember having the school dentist a few times at primary school, but they only did an examination.

My bother had to have some teeth out & had gas, which he claimed smelt like a dry cleaners.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                          I remember having the school dentist a few times at primary school, but they only did an examination.

My bother had to have some teeth out & had gas, which he claimed smelt like a dry cleaners.
                          My school dentist referred me to a dentist at a local health centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                            Only just found this thread and am feeling a bit mistified. I remember schools dentists visiting several times during my childhood but they only ever did a check-up. School dentists never did any work on your teeth. They'd report back to your partents what needed to be done - if anything. It is the case now and it was forty years ago.

But using a mask to put you out? At school?? Seriously?
                            Same for me MB. They never did any work at school, just informed your parents of any work needing to be done at your own dentist.
                            sigpic
                            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Naaah! I'd nick off school when I knew they were coming! YAY!

Comment

Working...
                              X