Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bugging me - vague comic strip memory (had robots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bugging me - vague comic strip memory (had robots)

Hey hey! First post here so hope I'm not doing anything wrong . Correct me if I'm posting in the wrong section or this is a UK-only forum, etc.

But I am wondering if anyone can help me?

There was a comic strip which I sometimes read in the newspaper around the late 90s. It was featured in the Australian/Victorian paper 'Herald Sun', back when they allowed half a page to comic strips alone. I doubt it was authored by an Australian.

It involved a guy who kind of looked like Dilbert (or maybe my memory is foggy) and he had a robot (/maybe alien) friend. I *think* the guy wore glasses, but I'm not sure. The robot was like squarish in shape (kind of like a garbage-can I think) and short (came up to the man's torso).
    They could talk to each-other and I remember the robot rode in the guy's car and sat in the front seat a lot.

The only story arc I can remember is that at some point the robot friend has a robot girlfriend with a big bow on her head. They get imprisoned (? or something like that) and they have to escape. They succeed, but they need to leave.

The guy gets depressed and I remember one specific strip where he wonders what he'll do without his friend. But the comic continues on a bit after wards I think.

And that was the last I saw of that strip . I've since wondered what happened to the characters and the writer, since it was one of my favorite strips.

Does anyone have any idea? I've been wondering about it for years!
    Last edited by Uncharted; 14-10-2008, 16:27.
Working...
X