Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember this comic

Hi all
    I remember buying a comic in the early eightys which i think only ran for about seven issues one of the stories was about a trainee wizard and the first issues had a freebie poster of what they thought a steath fighter would look like and i remember something about the flooding of London.
    if anyone can remember the name of this comic i would be very grateful.
    many thanks in advance
    Last edited by sixtyten; 24-10-2008, 21:38.

Re: Does anyone remember this comic

Any more details?? There were quite a few short lived comics in the 80s..
    Tornado, Wow!, Scream,Speed, etc..
    Was it a typical funny comic, or action

Does it sound like this one?

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/o...th-poster.html
    Last edited by sixtyten; 24-10-2008, 22:33.

Comment

British comics are pretty much my specialty, but I'm stumped by this. The only series I can think of about the flooding of London was 'Disaster 1990' (lorry driver Bill Savage battles his way across a flooded Britain fighting looters and would-be dictators), which ran in 2000AD in the late '70's and was later reprinted (in part) in the 80's Eagle, but a trainee wizard? That sounds more like 2000AD's 'Summer Magic' (about bespectacled boy wizard Luke Kirby) which didn't appear until the late eighties. And of course, neither 2000AD or Eagle was short lived-the former is still going! It certainly wasn't Tornado (which was canceled in 1979), Wow! (which had nothing much in the way of adventure strips) or Speed. Could this be you getting your memories of two titles mixed up, Pudwink?

Comment

This comic lasted about 6 or 7 issues the flooding i now remember was what would happen if the uk got flooded it showed london and a picture of the weatherman mr fish saying something about it the wizzard was the last of his kind after a great battle if i remember any more i will post it.

Comment

Working...
        X