The bull school children come out with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bull school children come out with

When i was at school this lad in my year reckoned he completed alex kidd in miracle world on his second turn. Another lad reckoned his uncle had a thousand and odd bit computer that was bigger than our classroom! (bearing in mind this was 1991 and the mega drive was only 16 bit). both lads swore it was the truth. I was wondering if anyone else can remember liars like this from there school days and what they come out with?

Re: The bull school children come out with

This one is off the top of my head but its the one I always remember for the sheer stupidity of it. I've said on here a few times that growing up wrestling was a huge thing amongst me and my friends and so many times in school we would talk about the latest goings-on in the world of WWF. So one day my friend was talking to another kid who we knew about something that was going on with The Undertaker, even if you aren't a wrestling fan the chances are that you have heard of The Undertaker at some point in time. So this guy then turns round and starts talking about his uncle who is apparently a huge wrestling star and is apparently just like The Undertaker. So my friend asks him what his uncle's name is and the guy comes out with "He's called The Overtaker".

Still makes me laugh, how he expected us to believe this I really don't know.

Comment

I remember in junior school some kid telling me he was a sub for Arsenal in the FA Cup Final the next day, and yes I believed him
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I remember a lad at our school who swore blind he slept in a coffin in the cellar...he was so weird we all believed him.

Comment

One lad claimed he'd been abducted by aliens and had seen the inside of their UFO. it was one of those balmy summer evenings when you sit and tell scary stories.

I went around to another lads house and above a door on the upstairs landing was a large hook. He claimed (and still does) that the previous occupant hung himself. I left in a hurry and didn't go back.
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Some so-called friend once told me he was going on holiday (for a day!) I hasten to add!

..... but it was to Saudi Arabia and I believed him. Though now these day's I guess it would be possible to visit Saudi Arabia for may-be not a day but at least 2 or a weekend and still be back by Monday.

Comment

When Pokemon cards were all the rage, alot of kids used to lie and when asked what cards they had. When asked, they would probably reply with "All of them!". Same with video games, you could ask them how many PS1 games they had, and they'd claim to have them all which would be thousands. You'd catch them out by making up a name of a game then asking them if they had it.

I did a bit of lying as well, I remember promising all the kids in my class a Pokemon Pokedex. It made me incredibly popular, and no matter how many times I said I forgot to bring them, they still carried on believing me

Comment

One lad in 1978 claimed to have all NINE Star Wars stories in a book, this was when A new Hope was suddenly chapter 4.

Comment

I think the best one was when one kid said he had a NASA launch pad in his back garden. What makes it funnier is that the gardens to those houses were about 4 meters square.

I think everyone knew a kid who knew karate as well.

Comment

Looking through this made me laugh.

There was one boy in my class in the comprehensive who was a compulsive liar.

He collected small military badges and items of uniform. It got a bit out of hand when we visited him at home one evening. "See what I've just managed to obtain!" he said in excitement. We followed him up to his bedroom. He opened the wardrobe door to reveal a colourful jacket. Red with gold buttons and a blue collar. "It's a Waffen S.S. officer's dinner jacket!" he exclaimed. It was best to believe him at that moment in time. When we later left the house, we could not wait to get out around the corner to burst out laughing. What he had actually shown us, was in fact, part of some poor soul's jazz band uniform. He had also previously shown us a pilots jacket, gogles and gloves, they turned out to be a motorcyclists gear.
                    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

One headmaster in a school I attended reckoned, during WWII, he killed the entire German army with one bullet!
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                      X