Your 1st 3D film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your 1st 3D film

What was first one you saw when they gave you the glasses in cinema?

Mine was in seventies 'Deadly Weapons' starring Chesty Morgan

Awesome .. like a twin Zeppellin attack as they loomed out at you!

Re: Your 1st 3D film

Saw Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone 3-D at the local cinema, it had a few good 3-D effects, but was generally naff. The best bit was looking behind at everyone else in their 3-D glasses, it was hilarious!

Comment

Never seen one at the Cinema (but I have seen Deadly Weapons. should have been named Deadly Dull

Comment

Aw come on Daz - it was a high quality drama that was sadly overlooked when awards were handed out.

Mz Morgan played a blinder and acted her little socks off but most people overlooked this due to their viewing attention being distracted by a couple of other things.

Comment

only 3d I saw as a kid was in those domes at Alton Towers...anyone else remember them?

Also the IMAX large-screen cinema at the NMFPT (now the National Media Museum) in Bradford...3 years ago took the kids to see Santa versus the Snowman...great fun!
          sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Jaws 3D was the first, I saw something else but for the life of me I cant remember the name of it.
            Mid 80's fantasty type film.
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I remember a good few years ago now the BBC had a 3-D night and the Radio Times came out as a special issue for like twice the normal price so you could get the glassses to view all the schedule.

However, the very same week , a 3-D Beano came out with the glasses at no extra cost.

As you can imagine WH Smith and Mc Collls etc sold out of Beano's in no time and had loads of over-priced Radio Times left on the shelves

Comment

Mine was Freddy`s Dead. Remember the 3d night on the bbc. Funny thing was remember sitting in front of a black and white tv with the glasses on and swore blind it worked lol

Comment

The damn things don't work for me cause I have a lazy eye so I never get the 3D effect, just a great big headache.

I used to like to Cinema 360 things though. I remember seeing one on Blackpool Pleasure Beach when I was young (think it was a flight sim one with lots of loops and high banking). There was a bloke infront of me swaying back and forth throughthe whole thing. At the end when the film stopped he fell flat on his face. I honestly didn't laugh at all.
                  Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                  But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                  sigpic

Comment

Same as above Jaws 3D at my local cinema, nearly lost my tonsils when the guys head came out the bottom of that boat.

Comment

mine was fredy's dead in 3D hahaha not that long ago

Comment

Friday 13th 3D. Absolute rubbish. Jason squeezes someones head and his eyes pop out and atcha. The only thing I remember from the whole movie.

Comment

Mine was "Treasure of the four crowns" I think it was around 1980 and the film itself wasn't too bad. I remember the bbc doing a promotional feature on 3D around that time and there was a film broadcast called "Fort Ti" a western which wasn't up to much. I saw Jaws 3D too and that wasn't too hot, but the 3D effects weren't too bad. I saw "Polar Express" at the Imax and it was bloody amazing, even if I was 37 !

Comment

Originally posted by Gothic View Post
                            Saw Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone 3-D at the local cinema, it had a few good 3-D effects, but was generally naff. The best bit was looking behind at everyone else in their 3-D glasses, it was hilarious!
                            I was thinking about that one. There was another bad post-apocalypse space movie came out that same summer, called Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn that was in 3D. Both were ****, but at least Spacehunter had Molly Ringwald in it.
                            Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

where the heck can you get the glasses from nowadays? They seemed to be everywhere once upon a time but i've not seen a pair in years!

Comment

Working...
                              X