Lumberjack film from 1970's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumberjack film from 1970's

Right. was watching axe men the other night and a faint thread of memory popped into my head.
    Saw this film in early seventies about a lumberjack family coming up against a logging corporation.
    The name 'Stamper' was either one of these two parties.

The family had three or four robust young men who were all called after birds i.e. Robin, Jay, Lark, Hawk ( Penguin?)
    Anyways, at one point a couple of these brothers got a girl from their rivals into the woods and raped her so things then really kicked off.
    Some guy walked into an office and opened up with a chain saw and like destroyed it and I think sliced 'n' diced someone..

One scene really sticks in my mind was one of these brothers gets trapped by a loose log in a river and is pinned down to the river bed,his sibling is ducking up and down giving him mouth to mouth air and shouting for help but the clown thats trapped starts playing about doing mock caresses and pulling daft faces and stuff - the inevitable happens and he starts giggling and drowns.
    Anyone any idea what it was called please ?

Re: Lumberjack film from 1970's

Sometimes a great notion.
    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Wow! way impressed Stevef--- cheers.
      Just been online to check it out
      Sometimes a Great Notion (1971)

definitely the one

Comment

Tell ya what though, looking at this again its possible I got two films merged into one in my head i.e. the bit about all the brothers being named after birds and raping the girl in the woods (wonder what that one was ! )

Comment

Working...
        X