70s-80s sci-fi/horror?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70s-80s sci-fi/horror?

I don't have high hopes for a reply on this one, as I think it must be pretty obscure and I don't have much to go on, but I remember watching a sci-fi/horror type film on video round a friend's house - must of been mid to late 80s.
    I didn't see all of it because his mum came in and turned it off as she thought it too scary! But I remember this one scene - for reasons which will become apparent.
    It might of been on board a spaceship (although I can't swear to that) and took place in this lab. In the lab was this large, transparent square box or tank, and inside the tank was this horrible pulsating slimy creature that was suspended in the centre of the tank by its tendrils which held to the inside walls of its container.
    A man then foolishly sticks his head under the tank, which must be open at the base, as if to look up curiously at the underside of the creature. Then something horrible plops out of the creature and lands on his face. The bloke then flails about in panic (I think). I've always wondered what it was.
    Ring any bells?

Re: 70s-80s sci-fi/horror?

Could be ALTERED STATES , released in in 1980.

At one point the scientist turned into like a slimy blob for a while when he was in a tank cos he was doing some weird sensory deprivation experiments

Comment

I don't think it was that. I had a look at it and that is a big metal tank, and I was thinking more like a fish tank (without the water). Reading my first post, I've given the impression it was big, but I don't think it actually was, and it was like this creature inside was a specimen.
      Maybe the guy sticking his head under it was studying it, or he was an outsider, or even a janitor of sorts, who didn't know what he was doing.

Altered States looks wild though. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Comment

Ooooh, I've been digging around, and I think it's Forbidden World (1982), a Rodger Corman sci fi exploitation film. I thought it must be a B-movie rip-off of ALIEN, and that's how it's been described!
        Doesn't look like it's available though.:cry:

Comment

Try Ebay Flash
          Forbidden World, Videos VHS, DVDs, Film Memorabilia items at low prices on eBay.co.uk
          Heather

Comment

Thanks huggie, Ill look into it!

Comment

Yay! My copy of "Mutant", which is Forbidden World by another name, has just arrived. A very classy book-like German version with great artwork.
              My heart sank for a moment, then I found the English dub! (I don't speak German!) lol

Comment

LOL, glad you managed to get a copy hope its as good as you remember
                Heather

Comment

I don't expect it to be good - it's a b-movie! lol Luckily I love b-movies!

Das Grauen Aus Dem All (whatever that means!)

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Das Grauen Aus Dem All (whatever that means!)
                    The Horror From Outer Space
                    Heather

Comment

You speak German?!!
                      Wow! There's no end to your talents!

Comment

Working...
                      X