Anyone help me with a movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone help me with a movie?

Another vague one Im afraid as I can only remember one scene from it.

I think the film's about one man who's the last survivor on Earth (not sure what they all died of though), and the scene I remember is him being in the Washington DC area and him being in a sort of overgrown area (could be a park, forest or jungle) and in the distance you can see the skyline on DC with the Captiol Building and the Washington Monument overgrown with vines and other plants.

I'm pretty sure it was a cinema release and ont a TV movie. I thought it was The Omega Man with Charlton Heston, but it not because I've just bought that on DVD.

Last edited by peteuplink; 10-01-2009, 11:00.

Re: Anyone help me with a movie?

Sounds like Logan's Run.

Here's a screenshot. It's not very clear but gives you a good idea.

You know you're getting old when Dr. Who starts looking young!

Comment

I agree about the Washington bit, but he wasn't the last man on Earth. He just escaped the city

Comment

Hmm looks like it is Logans Run that I saw. Not sure where I got the last man on Earth thing from. Maybe I'm getting two movies into one here, because I do remember a movie where there was one man left alive on Earth... It'd probably help if I wasn't so completely pants at remembering actors.

Comment

Peter Ustinov played the part of a man living alone in the ruins of Washington, so you could be getting the last man alive bit from that maybe.
          You know you're getting old when Dr. Who starts looking young!

Comment

I thought Logan's Run too, and it is abit like two movies. The bit you descibed is towards the end of the film, so don't watch it waiting for the part you mentioned or you will miss all the heavenly glory!
            Stars Michael York and Jenny Agutter (if memory serves).

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
              and Jenny Agutter (if memory serves).
              how could anyone EVER forget?? yummy!
              sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                how could anyone EVER forget?? yummy!
                There was always something about Jenny...

Comment

Could it be the Omega Man?

Comment

That's a good call, Omega Man was the first film based on I Am Legend and, if I may be so bold, beats the waste material out of the Will Smith version.

Comment

Youre' looking for a film about the last man on Earth so how about this one with the imaginative title of - 'The last man on Earth'

It pre-dates Omega Man by seven years

The_Last_Man_on_Earth_(1964_film)
                      Last edited by rossobantam; 13-07-2009, 12:15. Reason: insert new link

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                        Youre' looking for a film about the last man on Earth so how about this one with the imaginative title of - 'The last man on Earth'

It pre-dates Omega Man by seven years

The_Last_Man_on_Earth_(1964_film)
                        Both films based on Richard Matheson's I Am Legend - haven't seen Price's version; but the Omega Man is quite different to the source in most respects (but a worthy film just for 'There's no phone ringing dammit!' from Heston.

Will Smith's crack at it came so close, but the theatrical version's attempt to explain the 'I Am Legend' aspect was woeful. The alternate ending is far more appropriate. And Shrek is no replacement for Woodstock as a cultural movie...

Comment

I've seen the Vincent Price version and I thought it was brilliant. I'm a little biased as I am a Price fan but anything is better than that 'I am legend' rubbish imo.
                          Last edited by Kiop; 13-07-2009, 19:46. Reason: spelling
                          Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Working...
                          X