Coin operated dispencers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coin operated dispencers

• We used to go to Brixham for our holidays every year. At the front of the Breakwater Beach Cafe was a couple of sweet dispencers,the kind you put 2p in the slot ,turn the handle and sweets would come out of the little door at the bottom.One of the machines had sweets one side and toys the other,I remember getting these little books out of it,probably the size of a stamp.Cant remember what was in the books,does this ring any bells with anyone? This was about 74/76.
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Re: Coin operated dispencers

I remember the books. Can`t remember what was in them though.

Comment

I remember these folks ! My kids were having them all the time.
      There were mainly three sorts as I remember, Joke Books - 1 joke per page, Tatoos and the last one I remember were the Flicker books -a pic on every page and they appeared to move as you flicked through them.

Picture of the books here https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/f...html#post81490
      Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
      <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Thats the fellas,thanks Joybee x
        "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Just had a flash back to them. Thanks Joybee. We had loads but it was my brother and sister that bought them.

Comment

i remeber them i also remeber a coin dispenser with a little elephant which came down a little road and deposited - what? an egg containing something?one of those books you mentioned? sweets? dunno, just remeber the mechanical elephant juddering its way in the machine

Comment

Working...
            X