• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird House In Your Soul

Not to put to fine a point on it, say I'm the only bee in your bonnet

Re: Bird House In Your Soul

Terrific Song / Album....
    i only ever heard one other of their records, the one with `She`s Actual Size` on it. Very entertaining.

`Flood` really is a classic - Highly recommended.

"Why is the world in love again?....."

Comment

Re: Bird House In Your Soul

Another TMBG favourite of mine is Ana Ng, from the Lincoln LP. At the risk of sounding a bit pretentious, I love their lyrical complexity.

"Ana Ng and I are getting old and we still haven't basked in the glow of each other's majestic presence,
      Listen Ana hear my words they're the ones you would think I would say if there was a me for you."

Two lines, one breath. The whole song is peppered with bizarre imagery:
      "make a hole with a gun perpendicular to the name of this town in a desk top globe, Exit wound in a foreign nation revealing the home of the one this was written for."
      Who gives directions like that any more? "Excuse me mate, which way is the bus station?" "Oh, it's easy, go left by the bridge and make a hole with a gun perpendicular to the river, exit wound by the church revealing the transport of your choice." "Thanks" "No problem"

Lyrics are here: Ana Ng Lyrics by They Might Be Giants but better still get a copy of Lincoln.

Comment

Working...
      X