heavy metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavy metal

how many other rockers are out there, do you remember a group called dokken (very big in germany now) but bigger in england in the 80s,and i think it was the middle to late 70s there was a group called the pink fairys any one know who they went on to become
    kernow bys vyken

I vaguely remember Dokken, although I don't have anything by the band.

I do definitely recall the Pink Fairies, who were around at the same time as Hawkwind - I think the two bands often helped each other out. I remember the drummer was called Twink, and the guitarist was Larry Wallis. I have his "Police Car" single on Stiff Records in my collection somewhere. he did do some producing for bands like The Adverts, and I suspect he did play on a lot of those early Stiff records.

Larry also played guitar with Motorhead in their early days, who of course have became quite a legendary rock band!
    Old enough to know better...

Comment

don't remember Pink Fairies but do remember Dokken.
      not heard any of their stuff but did see pics of them in Metal Hammer, Kerrang and Raw magazines.
      Van_Whistler (too young to understand - old enough to know better)

Comment

Dokken, didnt they do the title song to one of the nightmare on elm street films, remember the video and the guitarist had a skeleton on his guitar that came to life, or matbe im wrong

Comment

Ha! In the mid 80's I used to have a pepe denim jacket with Iron Maiden patches sown on by my old gran!

By the end of the decade I was more of a raver with mosher leanings.

I used to love Queensrhyche. I still listen to their album Operation Mindcrime now and again. Helloween too, they were a mad fast German band.

I went to see a few of my old faves a few years back in concert... Iron Maiden rocked! ACDC were very loud. Judas Priest were a bit sad. Alice Cooper was a strange one, it was like all the fans from back in the day had grown older and trendier and just wanted a nice little concert .. no chance mate! Alice was the best!!

Comment

Dokken are an amazing band saw em in london a few years ago and the place was jammed to the rooftops breaking the chains,dreamwarriors all good songs

Comment

didnt dokken do behind the wall? I recorded that off the friday rock show on a mono tape recorder around '85!

Comment

WHATS WRONG WITH RAINBOW LOL

Comment

Since you been gone, Rainbow rocked, along with Judas Priest, Girlschool and ACDC

Comment

Hi Guys,

I do remember both Bands..My first 'big' gig was at Edinburgh Playhouse in 1985, Blue Oyster Cult supported by Girlschool..they rocked!! Big Fan of Rush, Motorhead,Saxon, Fish Period Marillion and Gabriel Period Genesis, as well as many others! lol.. love U.K. 80's Goth Stuff too and 19777 Punk Rock...

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Comment

Used to fancy the drummer from Girlschool her name escapes me now......But loved them, were they heavy metal though, and what about Status Quo, my mate Scully liked them I called him a patch rocker, patches all over the necessary denim jacket.

Comment

Re: heavy metal

Another fellow rocker here, anyone remeber the all girl band Vixen??
                        The lead guitarist "phwwwoar" lol

Beetle

Comment

Denise Dufort is Girlschool's drummer,never been much of a looker,I liked the bassist

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleBug View Post
                            Another fellow rocker here, anyone remeber the all girl band Vixen??
                            The lead guitarist "phwwwoar" lol

Beetle
                            Yes! I remember Vixen solely for the sexiness of that same guitarist

I was rather more punk at the time sporting a tidy green mohawk but for some strange reason I remember having Motorhead and IronMaiden patches on my jacket too.

Closet Rainbow listener also: Difficult to cure, great album

And...If you want to know what the Pink Faries are upto heres their official webby: http://www.pinkfairies.mercurymoon.co.uk/index2.html

P.S. Didnt like Dokken
                            Love is an invention by bank managers to keep you overdrawn - Rick Mayall/ The Young Ones

Comment

:d
                              Attached Files
                              Love is an invention by bank managers to keep you overdrawn - Rick Mayall/ The Young Ones

Comment

Working...
                              X