Volkswagen Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen Badges

Was watching Kerrang earlier and they had the Beastie Boys on. Anyone remember the craze around 1987 of stealing Volkswagen badges and wearing them like the Beastie Boys did? So many got stolen Volkswagen started selling badges to the kids to try and curb the thefts.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: Volkswagen Badges

Yes I remember loosing count of the number of badgeless volkswagen cars that where about at the time.

Comment

I remember all that going on! I loved The Beastie Boys and their music from that 'Licensed To Ill' era is great imo. But then they only got better!!! That VW badge craze was worldwide and started after the release of Fight For Your Right To Party & No Sleep Till Brooklyn.
      Last edited by stuckinthe80's; 22-02-2010, 09:05.
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I remember that craze, sometimes Mercedes Badges were targeted as well.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

No badge was safe where we lived. Even my dad's nissan badge got nicked.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Well, I thought it was really horrible! Being a motor lover I dread to think how you would feel to wake up and find your pride and joy of a VW had been violated by some selfish trophy hunter!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              Yes I remember loosing count of the number of badgeless volkswagen cars that where about at the time.
              It seemed to be one of the features of the late '80s, there was scarcely a Golf or Polo on the roads which was still holding onto it's badge. If I'd owned a Volkswagen, I would have removed the badge myself until the craze was well and truly over.
              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Working...
              X