Boys from black stuff in a film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boys from black stuff in a film

I remember this film , a couple of Boys from black stuff was in it (Chrissy and Yosser ) and her who was the nurse in the Singing Detective.

Chrissy took over this club on New Year and the previous manager had left it in a bad state re bookings etc

There was a Catholic Club, an Orange Lodge and a bunch of pensioners all booked for the same night

Entertainment was a gay comic and some punk band so a riot was going to kick off

I remember Yosser was on the door

Anyone else remember this ?

Re: Boys from black stuff in a film

sounds like No Surrender (1985)

Comment

Yahay ! thats the one - -cheers mon garcon

I actually thought I had it the other day but was getting confused with
      No Retreat so I couldn't find owt relevant online

ta again

Comment

I remember renting "No Surrender" out on VHS and watching it with my protestant and catholic mates, we all thoroughly enjoyed it and it really highlights the moronic nature of sectarianism.

I remember the "entertainment" for the evening being a really **** rock group who wind up fighting with each other on stage, prior to them performing the new manager/owner tells them it's a pensioners' party and can they do Glenn Miller? One of them replies "What? Disappear into the fog?" It was full of lines like that.

It has quite a poignant ending as the master of the Orange Lodge telephones one of his Catholic in-laws who he has not spoken to for years simply for being a Catholic, and wishes him a Happy Christmas.

Comment

Working...
        X